Sony Electronics Inc. said users of its two e-book readers can now access more than 500,000 free public domain classic books from Google Inc. through the Sony eBook Store.
Digital Home Advisor - News
Thomson has released software for the creation and playback of a new type of audio file using lossless compression. MP3HD files will be around four times the size of corresponding MP3 files, but will remain compatible with existing MP3 players.
If you have a Sony Reader, you have a lot of reading to catch up on. Sony Electronics has struck a deal with Google to distribute half a million titles through the Sony eBook Store - for free.
Less than a month after delivering the second version of its Kindle ebook reader, Amazon has been hit with an intellectual property lawsuit from Discovery Communications, the company behind the Discovery Channel.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled yet another of its patent agreements, this time with printer manufacturer Lexmark.
Toshiba has announced three new Full HD LCD television ranges. The TVs range in size from 42in to 52in, with prices ranging from $2199 to $4299.
U2 frontman Bono described Apple's iPod in 2004 as "the most interesting artistic creation in pop since the electric guitar." The band built heavy ties with Apple, appearing live onstage with Steve Jobs and in Apple TV ads performing the hit single "...
Apple announced its latest iteration of the iPod shuffle last week, with a design that’s even more minimalist than the last version
Microsoft is disputing an attempt to reinstate class-action status to an ongoing lawsuit against its Windows Vista Capable sticker program, a case that threatens to drag on and is reflective of the difficulties Microsoft has encountered by releasing ...
Joel Rosenberg isn't exactly a household name, but if you goof around on your iPhone, you've probably downloaded his addictive puzzle game, Blocked.
Apple has launched a new version of the iPod shuffle - its smallest digital audio player.
You can take many Apple rumors with a grain of salt, but this one may have legs. According to a DigiTimes report, Taiwan-based Quanta Computer will build a new netbook computer for Apple. Quanta manufactures laptops for most of the top consumer elect...
After failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the United Kingdom's Performing Right Society, YouTube has begun blocking thousands of premium music videos from playing for users in the UK.
Sony has provided some detailed specifications for its promised and anticipated X-series Walkman that was teased at January's CES but the launch date remains the biggest unanswered question.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries. This month it was time for new digital cameras with the PMA show in the U.S. and a couple of follow-ups from...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSQL Server DBA- 2016 RDBMS, SSIS, SRS, Certified DBANSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW