Sanyo Electric has unveiled a short-throw laser projector that can display a 100-inch high-definition image that's brighter and has more vivid colors than anything else on the market, it said this week.
Digital Home Advisor - News
Consumer electronics giants Sony and Toshiba have joined the Femto Forum, an industry organization whose role is to push femtocells. Qualcomm has also been added to the membership roster, the Femto Forum announced on Wednesday.
Sony is refreshing its Walkman line with new flagship models that pack noise cancelling, a bright touchscreen display, mobile TV, and the ability to surf the Internet and watch YouTube videos.
Skype founders Janus Friis and Niklas Zennstrom are trying to <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/11/technology/companies/11skype.html?_r=1">buy back</a> their Internet phone company from eBay, the New York Times reported over the weekend. The pa...
Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices has released a beta of a new 3D browser, which is designed to let users easily share multimedia files stored on their PCs with their social networks.
The federal government -- on the back of its NBN announcement -- also released a regulatory reform discussion paper to seek public comment on ways to improve telecommunications regulations.
The Sony XEL-1 is the company's first OLED television screen. Priced at &6999, it has an 11-inch panel with a resolution of 960x540 — which may not sound impressive — but Sony claims the XEL-1 has better image quality than any existing te...
Sharp has announced the release of a new range of LCD televisions with the introduction of the D77X series. These televisions offer a good mix of price and performance, featuring 100Hz motion smoothing, a 50000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and a new LCD ...
When Mary Poppins talked about turning chores into games it's a good bet she didn't expect Casmobot.
Senator Stephen Conroy, the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, has launched a new campaign with the aim of getting Australia ready for digital television.
The research wing of Honda Motor has co-developed a brain machine interface (BMI) system that allows a person to control a robot through thought alone.
Microsoft Corp. Thursday night took a direct shot at its rival, Apple Inc., in a new television ad that pitched Windows PCs as lower priced than Macs.
Panasonic Australia has announced three new Blu-ray players, including the world's first portable model, the DMP-B15.
A multimillion dollar robot made its anticipated appearance at a Japanese fashion show on Monday but its stiff performance means runway models have a few more years before they need worry about being replaced by technology.
Toshiba will begin selling its first direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) battery chargers later than expected after it ran into problems securing certain components for them, it said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingVIC
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD