European antitrust investigators believe a cartel in the market for LCD screens extends around the world, a European Commission official said Tuesday.
Digital Home Advisor
The economy might still be in a fragile condition but it seems consumers can't get enough of flat-panel televisions. Sharp plans to increase production of LCD panels by tens of thousands of screens per month after seeing increased demand from TV make...
Dick Smith has released the results of an online survey that asked shoppers about their awareness of digital radio, which officially launched nationwide today. Sixty nine per cent of people polled were aware of what digital radio is; an increase of 3...
Samsung Electronics and Numonyx on Tuesday said the companies would jointly develop specifications for phase-change memory, an upcoming memory technology for PCs and mobile devices.
Memory cards based on a new specification will boost storage of consumer electronics to as much as 2TB, the SD Association said Thursday.
There's little doubt that Apple's App Store has proven wildly popular with iPhone and iPod touch users, who've downloaded more than a billion apps since the store opened for business less than a year ago. Naturally, most of us assume Apple's making a...
May has brought a clutch of graphics-oriented gadgets from East Asia's electronics powerhouses including a couple of products featuring Toshiba's SpursEngine processor.
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Reliability and Service: Printers
Samsung Electronics reported better first quarter earnings than analysts expected on Friday, led by its mobile phone division, but remained cautious about business going forward due to the global recession.
Bella has announced the HD Mouse, a wireless mouse with specific functions for video editors and motion graphics artists. It will be shown for the first time at the NAB trade show next week, and begin shipping in early May for US$69.95.
Adobe Systems on Monday unveiled a version of its Flash multimedia streaming technology that would allow people to run entertainment programming directly to television sets from the Internet, a new option for the rapidly changing digital-home market.
Cellcrypt, a British vendor of software for encrypting cell phone calls, has set up shop in Silicon Valley and is getting a product ready for North America's beloved BlackBerry.
Hollywood movies may offer entertainment, but looking to the big screen for consumer robot ideas most likely won't produce profitable devices, a robotics company executive told an industry conference this week.
Now that eBay has set a tentative timetable for spinning off Skype, the question becomes whether the Internet phone company can become a legitimate force as a voice service provider.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC