A new music download service to be launched by Virgin Media and Universal Music will let U.K. customers stream and download as many music tracks as they want for a single monthly subscription, the companies announced Monday.
The Razer Carcharias PC gaming headset is light, well-padded and comfortable enough to wear for long periods. The sound quality is acceptable for gaming and music listening, and a few small design flaws do not prevent the Razer Carcharias headset from being a desirable product.
The Sangean WFT-1D DAB+ media streamer can receive FM radio, DAB and DAB+ signals. Using its Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection it can stream Internet radio and play shared media from a network.
Sony is refreshing its Walkman line with new flagship models that pack noise cancelling, a bright touchscreen display, mobile TV, and the ability to surf the Internet and watch YouTube videos.
The Sangean DPR-99 DAB+ Radio is a portable Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB+) and FM radio with a 2.5in speaker. It can receive DAB+ signals in addition to DAB and FM radio signals. It is a simple white rectangular box with a volume control knob on the right side, power and headphone ports on the left side and button controls on the fascia, next to the 2.5in speaker.
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
The Logitech LS21 is a stereo PC speaker system with two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The sound it creates is well suited to small rooms, as mid-bass and treble are prominent. In larger rooms the speakers may sound tinny and hollow, though. When you consider that you can pick these speakers up for a street price of around $30, they become even more attractive.
Boost your audio experience with the free MixTape.me, Mojo, SharePod, and TuneUp, among other downloads and services -- whether you use iTunes or not.
The Sony ZS-S4iP is a two-speaker boombox with an iPod dock, a CD player and an AM/FM radio receiver. Although the audio quality is occasionally unimpressive, the ZS-S4iP's is well worth the price.
The Logitech G35 is a PC gaming headset that connects via USB and outputs Dolby 7.1 surround sound audio. This set of headphones has good sound quality, with the ability to produce strong low frequencies as well as detailed treble notes. The strong plastic and metal construction may mean the headphones are uncomfortable for some users, although Logitech has made concessions for a comfortable fit.
The IntelliTouch EOS Wireless (EOS100T1RB) iPod dock provides 48KHz streaming audio for up to four satellite speakers. Although the system works quite well, the $449 price tag is a little high given the lack of features like a built-in clock or radio.
Optus today launched MobMusic, a new music store application for Nokia phones.
Google has expanded the free music downloads it offers in China to include songs by artists from each of the big four U.S. record labels, an addition that could help it win users from dominant Chinese search engine Baidu.
The Logic3 Pro-Dock is an iPod dock that lets you stream video to a television using composite and component video out ports.
A music subscription service bundled with a selection of Nokia mobile phones, including the touch-screen 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's Comes With Music service offers unlimited music downloads from the Nokia Music Store for either a 12 or 18 month period. At the end of that unlimited download period, you are able to keep any of the music you've downloaded.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Virgin Media, Universal launch 'unlimited' music service
- Hands on with Sony's new X-series Walkman
- Optus launches MobMusic music app for Nokia phones
- Google expands free music downloads in China
- iPod Touch generates more traffic than most phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCSystem EngineerNSW