With netbooks selling well in the run up to the holidays, I took a look at three of the latest entries into the fray, Hewlett-Packard's Mini 1000, Lenovo's IdeaPad S10 and BenQ's Joybook Lite U101.
Digital Home Advisor - Features
In many ways, a camcorder is the perfect Christmas gift. In addition to being a great product that will last for years to come, it also lets you capture the day’s yuletide festivities from start to finish. Whether you dream of making the next Austral...
YouTube appears poised for an image makeover, with a pair of announcements this week promising less sex and more symphony. YouTube's new Symphony Orchestra will accomplish the latter, offering classical musicians worldwide a chance to perform in an "...
Nokia's new flagship phone, the touchscreen N97, features a large memory and advanced location-aware features.
When Microsoft, Mozilla or Apple comes out with a new version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, it makes news -- mainly because most of us use one or more of these three Web browsers. In fact, with the exception of Google's Chrome (which made ...
Digital cameras are one of Christmas' hottest items. However, there are now hundreds of units on the market and the decision about which to buy is not an easy one. Do you need a big zoom? What about manual shooting modes or image stabilisation? Well ...
Get a great laptop this Christmas!There's no doubt that one of the most functional and affordable tech gifts this Christmas season is a netbook. This is a laptop category that was virtually created by ASUS and its Eee PC, and since then almost every ...
What would you include in the perfect smartphone?
The iPhone started it, but everyone and his brother now seem to have a fancy smartphone on offer. If it's time to join the "mobile 2.0" generation, we can help you make the right choice. We've reviewed the new generation of mobile devices and sussed ...
Samsung's U4 and Q1 add style to the MP3 market.
GamersGate recently announced the digital release of EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey.
The touch-screen mobile phone market has exploded over the past 12-18 months. Since the launch of Apple's now iconic iPhone 3G, almost every manufacturer under the sun has acted quickly to try to grab a slice of the touch-screen pie. This is great ne...
A mock-up of a smartphone with a flexible display developed by Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute.
A snapshot of the latest and greatest gadgets, gizmos and technology announced this month.
Every mobile phone manufacturer has their ultimate model, the pinnacle of their engineering (and marketing) skills which they parade to the world. However, the handsets themselves are quite diverse, meaning there are a variety of feature-packed, styl...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD