Getting started with Linux can be an intimidating task, particularly for people who have never tried any operating system besides Windows. In truth, however, very little about Linux is actually difficult to use. It's simply a different OS, with its o...
Digital Home Advisor - Features
Past and present: how 30 years of Star Wars imagination changed technology forever. During 2008 Sydney's Powerhouse Museum played host to one of the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia combined with real-life examples of how such technology i...
Are you a Gears of War 2 cheat? Do you roadie-run while discharging flamethrowers? Kung-fu catapult yourself through the air? Finagle unlimited ammo for your Lancer Assault Rifle? Employ a shield and a two-handed weapon simultaneously?
Icons for trial software and Web services, colorfully known as "crapware," cover new Windows desktops like pockmarks on the face of a Hollywood villain.
The Mac has been the flagship product for Apple since it was introduced in 1984 and continues to be so today, despite the fawning over the iPhone platform. From the time the Apple IIGS died out in the early '90s until the introduction of the iPod in ...
Flat-panel TV as thin as just 6.5-millimeters at the International Consumer Electronics Show
Remember the adage, "Don't trust anyone over 30"? Putting aside the fact that you're likely well past that age if you recognize the line, if you live by it, you may view 32-year-old Apple with a gimlet eye. But the Macintosh itself -- which will hit ...
Apple may be loosening restrictions that have so far blocked Web browsers save its own Safari from the iPhone, according to a number of Web news sites. But at least some of the newly approved applications appear to be Safari plug-ins, rather than tru...
Our heads are still spinning from all the major camera and camcorder announcements at last week's Consumer Electronics Show. Despite the hubbub, you can't actually buy the majority of those just-announced products yet.
First, a disclaimer, just in case you weren't sure: I'm not Steve Jobs's doctor. And I believe that all of us who aren't responsible for his medical well-being are in no position to have an informed opinion about it--and that to deal in rumor on the ...
The biggest games you'll want to keep an eye on.
Here's a hands-on look at the new Web browsers available today for the iPhone and the iPod touch.
The challenge: switch from Windows Vista to Windows 7 completely.
The economy may be sliding but innovation at Asia's tech giants is alive and well, if gadgets on show at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show are anything to go by.
HP, Asus, Shuttle, and MSI have all unveiled stylish new touch screen-capable all-in-one PCs at CES 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW