Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
Digital Home Advisor - Features
What can you use for kindling, a door stop, shooting practice or boosting a toddler up to the table?
Don't look now, but your PC's keyboard may have its own alien ecosystem growing in the dark recesses beneath the keys. Dirt and dust coat the keys and build up underneath. Sometimes the accumulated mixture of spilled drinks and crumbs can stop keys f...
Time isn't money; it's much more precious than that. Whether you're doing something creative like making a podcast or building a blog, or slogging through chores such as backing up data, removing viruses, or calibrating your high-def TV screen, you w...
Love it or hate it, Microsoft Windows is the world's most dominant operating system. But when you look at some of the hot features found in competitors such as Linux and Mac OS X, both XP and Vista can seem a little incomplete.
Go to the Start menu, click on Run and type "convert C:\windows mac_OS" and wait for 10 minutes and restart. This hidden command will convert your regular Windows PC into a Macintosh with Leopard. You didn't really believe this, did you? For the reco...
Five great accessories to take your iPhone to the next level
The best place to find personal organiser software is on the Web. Here are our choices of some of the best-of-breed organisation options available online now.
Whether your PC is truly ailing or has a classic case of hypochondria, we have 18 simple, free ways to ensure your Windows XP or Vista system is raring to go.
This mystery first-person shooter is light on details, heavy on intrigue: You're a British Army squadron fighter in 2012, fighting an army of robots hell-bent on destroying humanity. The game throws you into the action without telling you any back-st...
Plus: Patch IE, update Reader and Skype, and crush Yahoo Jukebox bugs.
The Earth's natural resources are on the brink of depletion. As our economies and our way of life tumble into chaos, the superpowers clash to gain control. Set in a fictional future based upon the headlines of today, Frontlines - Fuel of War brings p...
It's official. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 is now being shipped to PC manufacturers and volume licensing customers. Existing XP Pro and Home users will have to wait until April 29 to be able to download the service pack directly from Microsof...
After languishing in suspended animation, the Alien franchise is back to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. The latest title to star H.R Giger's creepy xenomorphs is shaping up to be the best FPS adaptation yet. Slated for release on Xbox 360,...
Nothing wrong with quality game sequels, but for those in search of the road less traveled, this list is for you.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW