Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
Digital Home Advisor - Features
What can you use for kindling, a door stop, shooting practice or boosting a toddler up to the table?
Don't look now, but your PC's keyboard may have its own alien ecosystem growing in the dark recesses beneath the keys. Dirt and dust coat the keys and build up underneath. Sometimes the accumulated mixture of spilled drinks and crumbs can stop keys f...
Time isn't money; it's much more precious than that. Whether you're doing something creative like making a podcast or building a blog, or slogging through chores such as backing up data, removing viruses, or calibrating your high-def TV screen, you w...
Love it or hate it, Microsoft Windows is the world's most dominant operating system. But when you look at some of the hot features found in competitors such as Linux and Mac OS X, both XP and Vista can seem a little incomplete.
Go to the Start menu, click on Run and type "convert C:\windows mac_OS" and wait for 10 minutes and restart. This hidden command will convert your regular Windows PC into a Macintosh with Leopard. You didn't really believe this, did you? For the reco...
Five great accessories to take your iPhone to the next level
The best place to find personal organiser software is on the Web. Here are our choices of some of the best-of-breed organisation options available online now.
Whether your PC is truly ailing or has a classic case of hypochondria, we have 18 simple, free ways to ensure your Windows XP or Vista system is raring to go.
This mystery first-person shooter is light on details, heavy on intrigue: You're a British Army squadron fighter in 2012, fighting an army of robots hell-bent on destroying humanity. The game throws you into the action without telling you any back-st...
Plus: Patch IE, update Reader and Skype, and crush Yahoo Jukebox bugs.
The Earth's natural resources are on the brink of depletion. As our economies and our way of life tumble into chaos, the superpowers clash to gain control. Set in a fictional future based upon the headlines of today, Frontlines - Fuel of War brings p...
It's official. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 is now being shipped to PC manufacturers and volume licensing customers. Existing XP Pro and Home users will have to wait until April 29 to be able to download the service pack directly from Microsof...
After languishing in suspended animation, the Alien franchise is back to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. The latest title to star H.R Giger's creepy xenomorphs is shaping up to be the best FPS adaptation yet. Slated for release on Xbox 360,...
Nothing wrong with quality game sequels, but for those in search of the road less traveled, this list is for you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT