Details of the new Canon IXUS and PowerShot cameras revealed, including the waterproof Canon PowerShot D10.
Digital Home Advisor
In 2008 the television markets for both plasma and LCD technology shifted dramatically. LCD television prices dropped 40 per cent in 2007 and this fall continued in 2008. However, the global ‘credit crunch’ led manufacturers to hold off on normal pri...
LCD and plasma TV technologies may seem identical, but the similarities end once you look past the thin form factor and big-screen ethos. We explain the important technology behind each television type and help you decide the value of features like 1...
A prototype guitar built by US student Amit Zoran combines the natural acoustics of wood with the power of electronic processing
New phone will sport Toshiba's TV technology, a touch screen, and a sleek design
While some of the announcements Microsoft plans to make at the Mobile World Congress have already leaked out, the new user interface on Windows Mobile 6.5 may pleasantly surprise mobile users when it is unveiled at the show.
In Singapore this week, Panasonic launched its new FT-rugged, TZ and FS series of LUMIX digital cameras. Among the models released were two hybrid models -- the LUMIX DMC-FT1 and the LUMIX DMC-TZ7 -- which, in addition to being able to capture high-q...
The Panasonic TZ series will welcome two new models in April 2009, the Lumix DMC-TZ7 and the Lumix DMC-TZ6 also known as 'travel zoom' cameras. The 12.1-megapixel Lumix DMC-TZ7, equipped with a 10-element LEICA DC 25mm lens, will be a hybrid camera c...
The Internet has become a rapidly growing supermarket for herbs, mushrooms and other substances that will get you high-but may also make you very sick.
It looks like the superhero's latest adventure is his toughest yet.
Have you been left in the cold by Google's Notebook service closure? Well, that's too bad, but there is hope - two information management services are inviting estranged Notebook users to become friends. Battling it out for your attention, I present ...
Social networks are fun to use, helpful for job hunting, and great for keeping in touch with friends, business contacts, and relatives. The downside: The bad guys know you're using these networks like crazy, and they're gunning for you.
Your PC's operating system is under constant threat of invasion, whether the attacker's aim is to spread malicious malware or to convince you to buy protective software that is really just a rip-off. Here's how to stand guard.
The just-released Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of Internet Explorer 8 is a fast, stable browser, tweaked for productivity and security, with few obvious changes over the previous Beta 2 release.
Timing is good for consumer electronics vendors that are interested in selling green technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW