Hot off the heels of the successful game Oblivion, Bethesda Software is set to unleash its latest creation: Fallout 3. As implied, this is the third instalment in the Fallout series, continuing the story of the post-apocalyptic wastelands of the Unit...
Digital Home Advisor - Features
It was only a few months ago that Blu-ray emerged as the victor in the hotly contested war against the forces of HD-DVD. While HD-DVD is vanquished, Blu-ray can't rest on its laurels for too long -- the high-definition war is far from over. Both Inte...
Like most people visiting this site, you most likely live on the Internet. And that means you need help -- help with your home or business network for accessing the Internet, help with troubleshooting, help with downloading, and with e-mail, instant ...
Treyarch takes soldiers back to the frontline with the latest addition to the successful Call of Duty series -- Call of Duty: World at War. Players will return to the series' roots, once again engage the Axis forces in World War II. This time around,...
Don't like Aerosmith? What band-specific Guitar Hero would you like to see? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, launching 29 June, isn't just a collection of songs grouped together by artist for a stand-alone rhythm game. It's sort of like Behind the Music in in...
With the current financial year drawing to a close, retail stores everywhere are hoisting up signs proclaiming their massive savings. For astute buyers, this is the perfect time to buy PC components - and you're guaranteed to find savings. We take so...
So you've downloaded the Spore Creature Creator. Good for you. If you haven't, it's time to get in on the fun. Here are a few tips on how to start playing a wacko Mother Nature, followed by some examples of just wild how your imagination can run.
Taiwan's MSI (Micro-Star International) announced its competitor for the new low-cost laptop market, the MSI Wind, early this month at Computex, and we got a chance to try it out at MSI's offices in Taipei last week.
With summer finally upon us, the sunshine's (sort of) beating down. The weather's getting (a bit) hotter, and so are the gadgets. Here's our top nine products announces in Japan this month.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
Tomb Raider: Underworld is the eighth installment in the series, following on from the storyline created over the last decade of games. Set in southern Mexico, Underworld sees protagonist Lara Croft discovering a series of ancient portals that transp...
Late last year, the mobile phone industry passed a remarkable milestone, one that not so many years ago it didn't even expect to reach. Media sites and blogs around the world buzzed as the news was announced with equal measures of excitement, amazeme...
Replay Studios' Velvet Assassin puts you in the boots of M16 agent Violette Summer, who is based on the historic Violette Szabo, to blow high Nazi officers' heads off in Poland, Germany and France. The game will be released on the Xbox 360 and PC thi...
Printers for small businesses account for a large chunk of the printer market. These days, businesses have plenty of choice -- between inkjets and lasers, multifunctions and standard printers -- and this can make decisions about which printer to purc...
There are times when you want a camera that's slim but still able to zoom in on the action from a long distance. There are quite a few models that despite having a 5x zoom or more are still small enough to fit into a pocket. We compiled of a short-li...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC