Windows Vista debuted to muffled applause, followed by lackluster sales. Up until June 30, cash-strapped businesses looking to avoid the cost of upgrading to new Vista-compatible hardware could still purchase trusty Windows XP. Now, however, Windows ...
Digital Home Advisor - Features
Different approaches to wireless Internet access in San Francisco and neighboring Silicon Valley are producing very different results, with one project springing up around the city and the other inching through regulatory procedures.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
Rockstar San Diego allows gamers to return to the streets in the fourth instalment in the Midnight Club video game franchise with Midnight Club: Los Angeles. As the name suggests, the fourth iteration of the popular street racing series will take pla...
Normally, in a time of crisis, an "amateur" is not the first person you might call. But when communications networks go down, amateur radio operators -- or hams -- and their gear can get communities connected to the outside world via the radio waves.
Massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) are the result of many players deciding that acting like an elf or spaceship captain is more interesting with actual humans around. Here are some of the games we consider the best of all time.
Casino Royale relaunched the popular James Bond film franchise in 2006, and now Treyarch Studios looks to do the same for the video game series with the release of Quantum of Solace. Powered by the Call of Duty 4 graphics engine, the latest addition ...
Recently, we had the chance to play around with Spore, Sims creator Will Wright's much-anticipated game that lets you experience your own brand of evolution. Spore essentially lets players play god, evolving creatures from the cell (tide pool) phase,...
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, wit...
de Blob is a simplistic game for the Nintendo DS and Wii, focusing on a central creature -- called de Blob -- entirely composed of paint. As de Blob your job is to restore colour to an entire city by rolling into objects and buildings and splattering...
The Incredible Hulk is going to try to break the trend of poor movie-to-game adaptations. Released to coincide with the movie of the same name, the latest game from Edge of Reality sees players step into the shoes of Bruce Banner as he battles with h...
The Acer Aspire One is set to compete with ASUS' Eee PC and HP's Mini-Note PC. It's pretty much the same size as the Eee PC, but has some exciting features (including Intel's Atom CPU) and it looks fantastic. If you're after a new ultraportable lapto...
The sequel to the PlayStation 3 launch title Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 sees players continuing the fight against the aggressive alien invader that has captured Earth. The game features two separate campaigns, eight player co-operative gam...
Released yesterday, the D700 is a 12.1 megapixel digital SLR camera with a wide range of features borrowed from Nikon's flagship D300 model.
HP recently created quite a buzz by announcing its first affordable 30-bit display panel. The DreamColour LP2480zx is a 24in display that will be ideal for a host of professionals, including graphic designers, animators and video editors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- TPSenior Configuration Management SpecialistNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW