From India to Hungary to the United States in wildlife preserves and at the beach, photographers have always been going everywhere. However, drones have added an exciting new possibility to photography, and if the shots captured in the last few years are any indication, we’re going to see some increasingly incredible things.
Digital Cameras - Slideshows
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Check out some of the choice images that Richard I'Anson, a Canon Master, captured of Sydney's Vivid light show. They showcase his stunning composition and attention to detail. There is also an insight into the settings used for each photograph. Enjoy.
The Royal Easter Show is on the face of it hardly a tech-heads dream but below the surface, of course, runs a rich vein of technology. In fact, technology is everywhere at the Show. From the rides to the fireworks to the special effects, the lights, even the precision driving, there is technology involved. And then there is the ubiquitous smartphone. It's everywhere you look. So without further ado, welcome to the Show. Photos of the night session by editorial director, MIKE GEE. Equipment: Canon EOS 6D DSLR full frame camera and Canon EOS 24-70mm f2.8 L lens.
Olympus has just announced its Stylus SH-2 ultra-zoom camera, and it looks like a little beauty.
Nikon's Coolpix P900 camera takes zooming to a whole new level, with a lens that can go from a wide angle of 24mm, all the way in to a tele-zoom angle of 2000mm. That's an 83x optical zoom capability, and Nikon has even added a feature called Dynamic Fine Zoom that can take that to 4000mm, or 166x.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
The full-frame EOS 5D series just got a major jolt of pixels.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
It has to be said that 2013's Sculpture by the Sea wasn't as good as 2012 to our eyes -- perhaps due to the layout and positioning of some of the sculptures -- but it was nevertheless filled with many interesting things to see. Here are our picks for the best of 2013.
With so many people in and around the displays at Sydney's Sculpture by the Sea, it's hard to take the time to set up your camera for optimal results. In this situation, auto mode can be your friend. We used the Nikon Coolpix P7800 in auto mode to capture the annual festival. See how well it handled the job in the following 52 photos.
Panasonic's new GX7 has a built-in, articulated electronic viewfinder, uses a new 16-megapixel sensor, and has Wi-Fi to talk directly with your smartphone or tablet. We'll have our full review up soon, but for now here are some sample images of the kind of photo the GX7 can produce.
Samsung's new NX300 camera was launched in Australia yesterday. It's a 'compact system camera', with interchangeable lenses like a digital SLR, and a picture sensor that's just as big as most high-end cameras.
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA