From India to Hungary to the United States in wildlife preserves and at the beach, photographers have always been going everywhere. However, drones have added an exciting new possibility to photography, and if the shots captured in the last few years are any indication, we’re going to see some increasingly incredible things.
Digital Cameras - Slideshows
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Check out some of the choice images that Richard I'Anson, a Canon Master, captured of Sydney's Vivid light show. They showcase his stunning composition and attention to detail. There is also an insight into the settings used for each photograph. Enjoy.
The Royal Easter Show is on the face of it hardly a tech-heads dream but below the surface, of course, runs a rich vein of technology. In fact, technology is everywhere at the Show. From the rides to the fireworks to the special effects, the lights, even the precision driving, there is technology involved. And then there is the ubiquitous smartphone. It's everywhere you look. So without further ado, welcome to the Show. Photos of the night session by editorial director, MIKE GEE. Equipment: Canon EOS 6D DSLR full frame camera and Canon EOS 24-70mm f2.8 L lens.
Olympus has just announced its Stylus SH-2 ultra-zoom camera, and it looks like a little beauty.
Nikon's Coolpix P900 camera takes zooming to a whole new level, with a lens that can go from a wide angle of 24mm, all the way in to a tele-zoom angle of 2000mm. That's an 83x optical zoom capability, and Nikon has even added a feature called Dynamic Fine Zoom that can take that to 4000mm, or 166x.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
The full-frame EOS 5D series just got a major jolt of pixels.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
It has to be said that 2013's Sculpture by the Sea wasn't as good as 2012 to our eyes -- perhaps due to the layout and positioning of some of the sculptures -- but it was nevertheless filled with many interesting things to see. Here are our picks for the best of 2013.
With so many people in and around the displays at Sydney's Sculpture by the Sea, it's hard to take the time to set up your camera for optimal results. In this situation, auto mode can be your friend. We used the Nikon Coolpix P7800 in auto mode to capture the annual festival. See how well it handled the job in the following 52 photos.
Panasonic's new GX7 has a built-in, articulated electronic viewfinder, uses a new 16-megapixel sensor, and has Wi-Fi to talk directly with your smartphone or tablet. We'll have our full review up soon, but for now here are some sample images of the kind of photo the GX7 can produce.
Samsung's new NX300 camera was launched in Australia yesterday. It's a 'compact system camera', with interchangeable lenses like a digital SLR, and a picture sensor that's just as big as most high-end cameras.
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTSharepoint Specialists x 2QLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTTechnical Support AnalystVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanACT
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD