Samsung’s S860 is an entry-level camera for novices. It has an inbuilt Photo Help Guide and a comprehensive Function Description feature. While it doesn’t take the most thrilling pictures, it’ll be a great introduction into the world of photography.
Samsung’s S1070 looks like yet another mid-range point and shoot compact camera. It’s more refined than the competition, though, with a quality image sensor that doesn’t boast a ridiculously overblown megapixel count.
Clearly trying to stand out from the crowd of 10-megapixel, 3x optical zoom compacts flooding the market at the moment, Samsung has gone to extra effort with its flagship camera the NV 100 HD. Not only does it sport a massive 14.7-megapixel sensor bu...
Joining the rapidly expanding high-definition video club is the Cyber-shot DSC-T500, Sony's latest T series compact camera. This is a relatively stylish unit with a few noteworthy features, including the afore-mentioned 720p video recording and a tou...
AKAI’s 15in Digital Photo Frame is certainly at the larger end of the scale, and it has some good qualities aside from its size. Though it isn't a very advanced frame in terms of features, its simplicity and quality make it an excellent buy.
Olympus continues to push the boundary of camera design, refining its already impressive compact style with every new model. The Olympus MJU 1010 exemplifies this, maintaining the trademark wedge-shaped design but making it even sturdier and more aes...
The ultra-zoom category of cameras has really grown in the last year or so, as companies try to outdo each other in the lens department. With the EasyShare Z1012 IS, Kodak has taken a step back: not going for the highest numbers but instead trying to...
Sporting a svelte black body and a touch-screen interface, Kodak’s EasyShare V1273 is a pretty stylish package. It comes with 720p video recording and a 12-megapixel sensor, both of which are welcome additions. However, when you look past the glitz i...
GPS technology has been available in cameras for a while now, allowing users to determine where and when photos were taken. The ATP Photo Finder mini isn’t the first to bring automatic geo-tagging to the masses, but its simplicity and a nice design m...
A cheaper alternative to the A2000 IS, the Canon PowerShot A1000 IS is in many ways a similar unit. While it does have a slightly smaller display and a shorter lens, it is also a bit lighter and more petite, making it more portable and more comfortab...
Olympus has long been in the habit of creating well-rounded cameras. The combination of style, features and image quality has always been a selling point. However, while its latest compact, the MJU 1060, ticks several of these boxes, it is also a bit...
Following on from its predecessor, the CoolPix S550, the Nikon CoolPix S560 is a middle-of-the-road compact camera. It has received a few upgrades, including a larger 2.7in LCD and, critically, sensor-shift stabilisation instead of the much less effe...
Joining the A350 in the middle of Sony’s Alpha SLR line-up, the A300 is a fairly similar camera to its big brother.
Delivering a much needed upgrade to the popular PowerShot S5 IS, the Canon PowerShot SX10 IS is a fairly strong mega-zoom offering. With a gigantic 20x optical zoom it takes joint lead of the category as far as pure size is concerned. While it has a ...
Nikon’s new compact, the S610, is a stylish compact camera that offers a 4x optical zoom wide-angle lens along with a 10-megapixel sensor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia