Viewsonic's DPX704WH 7in digital photo frame is a slightly scaled-down version of the DPX804WH. As with its bigger brother, the DPX704WH isn't anything truly unique and it doesn't have the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity of some competing frames. Nev...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
As the flagship model of Nikon's compact S series of cameras, the CoolPix S710 has some impressive specifications. Some, like the 14.7-megapixel sensor, have an impact, while others, such as the maximum sensitivity of ISO 12,800, are basically useles...
Samsung’s M310W is a compact and powerful point-and-shoot camera that boasts a high megapixel count and a versatile lens. There are a few niggles that stop it from being perfect, but overall it’s a strong competitor to Canon's Canon IXUS 980 IS.
It seems to be touch-screen madness at the moment, with a slew of cameras, phones and MP3 players all sporting an iPhone-like interface. The latest of these is the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T77, which is a slim and extremely stylish 10.1-megapixel compact ...
Samsung’s S860 is an entry-level camera for novices. It has an inbuilt Photo Help Guide and a comprehensive Function Description feature. While it doesn’t take the most thrilling pictures, it’ll be a great introduction into the world of photography.
Clearly trying to stand out from the crowd of 10-megapixel, 3x optical zoom compacts flooding the market at the moment, Samsung has gone to extra effort with its flagship camera the NV 100 HD. Not only does it sport a massive 14.7-megapixel sensor bu...
Samsung’s S1070 looks like yet another mid-range point and shoot compact camera. It’s more refined than the competition, though, with a quality image sensor that doesn’t boast a ridiculously overblown megapixel count.
Joining the rapidly expanding high-definition video club is the Cyber-shot DSC-T500, Sony's latest T series compact camera. This is a relatively stylish unit with a few noteworthy features, including the afore-mentioned 720p video recording and a tou...
AKAI’s 15in Digital Photo Frame is certainly at the larger end of the scale, and it has some good qualities aside from its size. Though it isn't a very advanced frame in terms of features, its simplicity and quality make it an excellent buy.
Olympus continues to push the boundary of camera design, refining its already impressive compact style with every new model. The Olympus MJU 1010 exemplifies this, maintaining the trademark wedge-shaped design but making it even sturdier and more aes...
The ultra-zoom category of cameras has really grown in the last year or so, as companies try to outdo each other in the lens department. With the EasyShare Z1012 IS, Kodak has taken a step back: not going for the highest numbers but instead trying to...
Sporting a svelte black body and a touch-screen interface, Kodak’s EasyShare V1273 is a pretty stylish package. It comes with 720p video recording and a 12-megapixel sensor, both of which are welcome additions. However, when you look past the glitz i...
GPS technology has been available in cameras for a while now, allowing users to determine where and when photos were taken. The ATP Photo Finder mini isn’t the first to bring automatic geo-tagging to the masses, but its simplicity and a nice design m...
A cheaper alternative to the A2000 IS, the Canon PowerShot A1000 IS is in many ways a similar unit. While it does have a slightly smaller display and a shorter lens, it is also a bit lighter and more petite, making it more portable and more comfortab...
Olympus has long been in the habit of creating well-rounded cameras. The combination of style, features and image quality has always been a selling point. However, while its latest compact, the MJU 1060, ticks several of these boxes, it is also a bit...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC