By using what is called the Micro Four Thirds system, Panasonic has taken the D-SLR concept of removable lenses and combined it with the convenience of an advanced compact camera. The end result is the LUMIX DMC-G1K, which is as thin -- if not thinne...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
It may not look like it at a glance, but the Olympus SP-565UZ has a 20x zoom lens with a maximum focal length of 520mm. It's aimed at users who want an advanced compact camera with a lot of range that won't cost a lot of money.
Fujjfilm’s Finepix F100fd is the latest, shiniest addition to the company's prolific compact camera range. Equipped with a Super CCD HR VIII sensor and boasting a resolution of 12 megapixels, it’s currently the top dog in the company’s advanced F ser...
Kodak's EasyShare W1020 boasts some fairly high-end features for a digital photo frame and it is worth the asking price.
Samsung’s L100 compact digital camera is aimed at novices, with an easy-to-use interface and a host of scene modes. It takes crisp photos, but colour accuracy is not fantastic. It is also missing a few features that would have enhanced picture qualit...
FujiFilm's FinePix 2000HD is a capable ultra-zoom, 10-megapixel camera for a casual user who isn't too concerned about image quality. It offers face detection and image stabilisation, and it can shoot video at a resolution of 1280x720 (720p).
Nikon’s CoolPix P6000 is a small and sturdy compact camera that harbours plenty of advanced features. It has a comprehensive manual mode, in-camera editing, face detection and the ability to shoot in RAW mode. But that’s just the start.
On paper, the M1093 IS has plenty of good features. It has a 10-megapixel sensor, optical image stabilisation and a host of manual shooting features.
If you're a photography nut who is pining for an easy-to-carry advanced compact camera that can do amazing things, the Canon PowerShot G10 needs to be on your Christmas list. It possesses a 28mm, 5x zoom lens and a 14-megapixel sensor, and it uses Ca...
Kodak's Easyshare Z1015 features a 15x optical zoom, advanced shooting features and all the bells and whistles you expect from an advanced compact camera. It is a relatively strong performer, although its images suffer from some annoying flaws.
The long-awaited successor to LG's previous flagship model, the Viewty, the Renoir picks up where the Viewty left off by adding even more features to an already well-rounded package. Sporting a whopping 8-megapixel camera with Xenon flash, as well as...
Jumping onboard the touch-screen bandwagon is Nikon with its latest compact camera, the CoolPix S60. Featuring a touch-screen control setup along with the traditional slim Nikon design, this unit is a solid camera that takes good snaps and operates q...
The Ferrari of Canon's already stellar compact camera line-up, the PowerShot SX1 IS pretty much does it all. Not only does it feature a mammoth 20x optical zoom and a 28mm, wide-angle lens, but it can also record Full HD 1080p video footage — m...
Similar in many ways to the CoolPix S610 that we recently reviewed, the Nikon CoolPix S610c has the same pros and cons as its cheaper brother but comes with wireless connectivity as an added bonus. Its images are good without being great and its feat...
On paper, Viewsonic's DPX804WH does not offer any standout features. Nevertheless, the unit does a decent job. It has an adequate display and a good interface.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTField Deployment EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTCCTV Sales & SupportNSW
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- CCData Migration ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW