Portraiture is a plug-in that automates skin smoothing and blemish removal – and it’s one that most digital artists will want to get their hands on, as it’s powerful, effective, and full of nifty extra functions.
Silver Efex Pro efficiently produces great black-and-white effects that are fiddly to create in Photoshop alone.
Like Akvis’ Sketch, Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well that almost all plug-ins do very badly indeed. In ToonIt’s case, it’s comics – covering techniques from black-and-white outlined cartoons to full graphic novel-styl...
There are many plug-ins that claim to turn your photos into pencil art – and most do a worse job of it than a chimp with a blunt 2B. Akvis’ Sketch is the only plug-in we’ve seen that produces decent pencil drawing from images, though it’s let down by...
Kodak's EasyShare M1063 is an affordable camera that's suitable only for users who want a basic unit with which to just aim and shoot. It's a camera that will suit kids and anyone who doesn't want to think about what settings they are using. However,...
The Pentax K-m is a digital SLR camera for novices, with a simple interface and good image quality. Its picture enhancement features are superior to competing budget SLRs, and although the bundled lens is a let-down the overall package is a great cho...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300 is a small camera with a huge sensor. It can capture 13.6-megapixel (Mp) images, yet the camera itself is small enough to be carried in your pocket.
Kodak’s M1033 will suit people who are purchasing their first digital camera and want something that is simple to use and will take decent photos. The M1033’s layout and interface are so well designed that you can learn how to use all of the camera's...
Sanyo’s VPC-E10EX is a simple, fuss-free compact camera. It takes acceptable images with no fuss, and the few additional features it possesses are easy to understand and operate.
If there's one thing we love about Ricoh cameras, it's their design. The R10 has a sturdy, brushed-steel body with a small array of control buttons and dials, along with a huge LCD screen. However, it doesn't feel altogether comfortable, especially o...
Pentax’s W60 is the successor to the W30 — a camera revered for its ruggedness. The W60 measures up against Olympus’ hardcore Tough 1030SW and Tough 1050SW, with comparable specifications and image quality.
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta.
The Pentax Optio Z10 is an entry-level 8-megapixel compact camera with a few surprises up its sleeve. Equipped with a 7x optical zoom lens (with equivalent range of 38-266mm), a VGA recording mode (complete with functioning zoom) and 52MB of internal...
It may be a tiny critter, but the Pentax Optio S12 is capable of taking some beautiful pictures when the light is right. It's aimed at people after an ultraportable point-and-shoot camera, and its preset scene modes and effective automatic mode make ...
Serif Software Digital Photo Suite 2009 offers photographers a set of simple and intuitive, if not particularly powerful, tools for organising and enhancing photos.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT