Like Akvis’ Sketch, Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well that almost all plug-ins do very badly indeed. In ToonIt’s case, it’s comics – covering techniques from black-and-white outlined cartoons to full graphic novel-styl...
There are many plug-ins that claim to turn your photos into pencil art – and most do a worse job of it than a chimp with a blunt 2B. Akvis’ Sketch is the only plug-in we’ve seen that produces decent pencil drawing from images, though it’s let down by...
Kodak's EasyShare M1063 is an affordable camera that's suitable only for users who want a basic unit with which to just aim and shoot. It's a camera that will suit kids and anyone who doesn't want to think about what settings they are using. However,...
The Pentax K-m is a digital SLR camera for novices, with a simple interface and good image quality. Its picture enhancement features are superior to competing budget SLRs, and although the bundled lens is a let-down the overall package is a great cho...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300 is a small camera with a huge sensor. It can capture 13.6-megapixel (Mp) images, yet the camera itself is small enough to be carried in your pocket.
Kodak’s M1033 will suit people who are purchasing their first digital camera and want something that is simple to use and will take decent photos. The M1033’s layout and interface are so well designed that you can learn how to use all of the camera's...
Sanyo’s VPC-E10EX is a simple, fuss-free compact camera. It takes acceptable images with no fuss, and the few additional features it possesses are easy to understand and operate.
If there's one thing we love about Ricoh cameras, it's their design. The R10 has a sturdy, brushed-steel body with a small array of control buttons and dials, along with a huge LCD screen. However, it doesn't feel altogether comfortable, especially o...
Pentax’s W60 is the successor to the W30 — a camera revered for its ruggedness. The W60 measures up against Olympus’ hardcore Tough 1030SW and Tough 1050SW, with comparable specifications and image quality.
If you'd like to create photo albums on the Web, you won't find a simpler way to do it than using Porta.
The Pentax Optio Z10 is an entry-level 8-megapixel compact camera with a few surprises up its sleeve. Equipped with a 7x optical zoom lens (with equivalent range of 38-266mm), a VGA recording mode (complete with functioning zoom) and 52MB of internal...
It may be a tiny critter, but the Pentax Optio S12 is capable of taking some beautiful pictures when the light is right. It's aimed at people after an ultraportable point-and-shoot camera, and its preset scene modes and effective automatic mode make ...
Serif Software Digital Photo Suite 2009 offers photographers a set of simple and intuitive, if not particularly powerful, tools for organising and enhancing photos.
By using what is called the Micro Four Thirds system, Panasonic has taken the D-SLR concept of removable lenses and combined it with the convenience of an advanced compact camera. The end result is the LUMIX DMC-G1K, which is as thin -- if not thinne...
It may not look like it at a glance, but the Olympus SP-565UZ has a 20x zoom lens with a maximum focal length of 520mm. It's aimed at users who want an advanced compact camera with a lot of range that won't cost a lot of money.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT