With a full-frame, 35mm sensor and 26 megapixels to its name, the Sony A900 (DSLR-A900) digital SLR camera is a super-heavyweight when it comes to churning out huge images. It eclipses even the high-end models from Canon and Nikon in resolution (it o...
The Panasonic TZ ('travel zoom') series of digital cameras will welcome the Lumix DMC-TZ7 in April. The Panasonic DMC-TZ7 has a 10.1-megapixel sensor and a 10-element LEICA DC 25mm lens. It will be a hybrid camera capable of taking 720p-resolution vi...
Even though it’s billed as a mid-range digital SLR camera, the Olympus E-30 is one of the better models on the market for inexperienced users who are thinking of making the switch to a D-SLR but have been scared off by all the dials and buttons. In a...
When a digital SLR camera has a price tag of $11,999 — and that's just for the body — you know it's not something that everyday folk will appreciate. Instead it's likely it will only appeal to professionals who make a living from photogra...
Joining Olympus as the only other well-known vendor with out-of-the-box tough cameras, Panasonic is hoping its LUMIX DMC-FT1 will gain traction with outdoorsmen (and women) when it's released in April. It's a waterproof, dustproof and drop-proof comp...
The FujiFilm Finepix J15 is the mid-range offering in the company’s J Series of cheap digital cameras.
It's very hard to like the Canon PowerShot A480 digital camera, because it simply looks and feels awful. The controls are laid out awkwardly on a body that is cramped yet bulky. Its LCD screen has very poor viewing angles and brightness, which can ma...
ColorSplash is one of the increasing number of surprisingly capable photo manipulation iPhone apps available in the App Store. Like its counterparts, ColorSplash doesn't try to be a one-stop shop. Instead it focuses on one particular function —...
If your memory harks back to the analog era, you’ll doubtlessly remember a time when cameras were esoteric nerd-boxes bereft of any semblance of style. My, how times have changed. These days, sleek good looks are just as essential as healthy pixel co...
The Nikon D3x digital SLR is the newest addition to Nikon’s full-frame camera line-up and it offers a giant jump to 24.5 megapixels. This makes it suitable for extreme detail photography such as nature and landscape shooting as well as the traditiona...
Writer's Café 2 is a cross-platform software program that provides a workspace, resource centre and organisational tool for writers of all disciplines. Writer's Café aims to be the place you go to compose, develop, organise and brainstorm.
Portraiture is a plug-in that automates skin smoothing and blemish removal – and it’s one that most digital artists will want to get their hands on, as it’s powerful, effective, and full of nifty extra functions.
Silver Efex Pro efficiently produces great black-and-white effects that are fiddly to create in Photoshop alone.
Like Akvis’ Sketch, Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well that almost all plug-ins do very badly indeed. In ToonIt’s case, it’s comics – covering techniques from black-and-white outlined cartoons to full graphic novel-styl...
There are many plug-ins that claim to turn your photos into pencil art – and most do a worse job of it than a chimp with a blunt 2B. Akvis’ Sketch is the only plug-in we’ve seen that produces decent pencil drawing from images, though it’s let down by...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT