There's a lot to like about the Olympus Mju Tough 8000. It's a fully ruggedised camera for snow adventures, water sports and outdoor activities. It's waterproof, drop-proof, dustproof, and almost idiot-proof. It's an easy camera to use and you can us...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
Bokeh is the real-world photographic technique for creating images where the subject is largely in focus and the background is blurred. The effect is usually caused by using a shallow depth-of-field with a large aperture lens (such as Canon’s EF 85mm...
While perhaps better known for its professional SLR range, Nikon has been making a bit of a splash in the consumer-level market in recent years.
The Nikon CoolPix S220 is an entry-level compact camera that merges style and user-friendliness to impressive effect. Boasting an effective resolution of 10 megapixels, a NIKKOR lens with 3x optical zoom, a high sensitivity range up to ISO 2000 and n...
With a full-frame, 35mm sensor and 26 megapixels to its name, the Sony A900 (DSLR-A900) digital SLR camera is a super-heavyweight when it comes to churning out huge images. It eclipses even the high-end models from Canon and Nikon in resolution (it o...
The Panasonic TZ ('travel zoom') series of digital cameras will welcome the Lumix DMC-TZ7 in April. The Panasonic DMC-TZ7 has a 10.1-megapixel sensor and a 10-element LEICA DC 25mm lens. It will be a hybrid camera capable of taking 720p-resolution vi...
Even though it’s billed as a mid-range digital SLR camera, the Olympus E-30 is one of the better models on the market for inexperienced users who are thinking of making the switch to a D-SLR but have been scared off by all the dials and buttons. In a...
When a digital SLR camera has a price tag of $11,999 — and that's just for the body — you know it's not something that everyday folk will appreciate. Instead it's likely it will only appeal to professionals who make a living from photogra...
Joining Olympus as the only other well-known vendor with out-of-the-box tough cameras, Panasonic is hoping its LUMIX DMC-FT1 will gain traction with outdoorsmen (and women) when it's released in April. It's a waterproof, dustproof and drop-proof comp...
The FujiFilm Finepix J15 is the mid-range offering in the company’s J Series of cheap digital cameras.
It's very hard to like the Canon PowerShot A480 digital camera, because it simply looks and feels awful. The controls are laid out awkwardly on a body that is cramped yet bulky. Its LCD screen has very poor viewing angles and brightness, which can ma...
ColorSplash is one of the increasing number of surprisingly capable photo manipulation iPhone apps available in the App Store. Like its counterparts, ColorSplash doesn't try to be a one-stop shop. Instead it focuses on one particular function —...
If your memory harks back to the analog era, you’ll doubtlessly remember a time when cameras were esoteric nerd-boxes bereft of any semblance of style. My, how times have changed. These days, sleek good looks are just as essential as healthy pixel co...
The Nikon D3x digital SLR is the newest addition to Nikon’s full-frame camera line-up and it offers a giant jump to 24.5 megapixels. This makes it suitable for extreme detail photography such as nature and landscape shooting as well as the traditiona...
Writer's Café 2 is a cross-platform software program that provides a workspace, resource centre and organisational tool for writers of all disciplines. Writer's Café aims to be the place you go to compose, develop, organise and brainstorm.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW