Professional photographers who use Canon gear will be able to upgrade their kit next year as the company has just announced the EOS-1D X. The new camera will replace the EOS-1D Mark IV and EOS 1Ds Mark III and it will offer improvements in speed, res...
Nikon Australia has announced the recommended retail prices for its Nikon 1 mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera system.
Ricoh has released specifications for its new GR Digital IV camera. There's currently no release date for the camera in Australia or worldwide, but the specifications show improved shooting performance and enhancements to image quality.
Online retailer Kogan is now selling products from major electronics brands alongside its house brand, in a move that will significantly undercut traditional Australian bricks-and-mortar retailers like JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and Ted's Cameras, as we...
We take an up-close, hands-on look at the latest Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus
OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Apple laptop and desktop computers, digital cameras and TVs are just a few of the products attracting significant savings at a three-hour-long JB Hi-Fi 'Friends and Family' sale being held at the retailer's stores tonight.
Even faster than the Canon EOS 1D Mark IIII (with 24-70mm lens): that's what Olympus claims of not only its latest flagship PEN camera, the E-P3, but also of the mid-range PEN Lite E-PL3 and also the baby of the bunch, the PEN Mini E-PM1.
Panasonic has today announced pricing for its latest Micro Four Thirds cameras, the LUMIX DMC-G3 and the LUMIX DMC-GF3.
With a new kind of camera, Lytro wants to remove the headaches of focus from digital photography.
The latest iteration of the Leica M9 digital rangefinder camera has been announced: the Leica M9-P adds a smash- and scratch-proof sapphire LCD screen cover and an easier-to-grip leatherette finish. What's missing is more important, though -- Leica h...
Canon has announced a new entry-level telephoto zoom lens for its EOS range of digital SLRs. The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is an upgraded version of the existing EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens, which will continue to be offered in bundles with...
Ricoh will launch its new PX Series camera in late June. The company describes the PX Series as being 'adventure proof': it will be waterproof up to 3m and shockproof up to 1.5m. Additionally, it will be dustproof, dirt-proof and sand-proof. The best...
On Wednesday Hasselblad announced its newest medium-format digital SLR camera, the 200-megapixel H4D-200MS. The professional-grade camera costs around $45,000 (32,000 Euros), which comes out to about $225 per megapixel.
More than any device in recent memory, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 is a showpiece for the benefits and drawbacks of a touchscreen interface. Although the camera's touchscreen UI introduces a few groundbreaking features to the compact interchangeable-...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC