Samsung has confirmed that its new Galaxy S4 Zoom, an Android smartphone with a 16-megapixel camera, optical zoom, and a xenon flash, will be released in Australia "later this year".
The Olympus PEN E-P5 Micro Four Thirds camera follows on from the successful PEN models before it, such as the E-PL5, by supplying new features, slight body modifications and, best of all, some performance enhancements.
The trend these days in digital cameras is smaller, smaller, smaller -- abandoning the tried-and-true formula of a digital SLR’s optical viewfinder and mirror box for a ‘mirrorless’ system that relies on an electronic read-out of what the camera’s se...
We had a chance to try out Panasonic's new TZ40 travel-zoom compact digital camera on Adelaide's Glenelg waterfront.
We had an opportunity to test-drive Panasonic's new FT5 tough camera a few days ago, so we took it for a walk along the Adelaide waterfront.
Panasonic has launched a swathe of new LUMIX compact digital cameras, with various models featuring a confluence of integrated wireless technology, tough construction and slim designs. Two new flagships in the Panasonic LUMIX line-up are the DMC-FT5...
Nikon has, until now, been trailing the likes of Canon, Sony, Ricoh, and Fujifilm. While all these digital camera makers have small cameras with big, DSLR-style sensors inside, Nikon has made do with the Nikon 1. The COOLPIX A is Nikon's first camera...
Pentax has had an interesting few years. It’s also had some interesting cameras, like the James Bond-esque Q and the Marc Newson-designed K-01. The MX-1 compact camera continues that trend. It mimics the 1976 Pentax MX it shares its name with, with l...
An upgrade to Nikon’s long-running D7000 has been announced -- in the form of the D7100, which largely keeps the 2010 camera’s button layout but includes a new 24-megapixel sensor, an improved autofocus system, and a shooting crop mode that promises ...
Panasonic’s LUMIX G5 digital camera has all the controls and accoutrements you’d expect to find on a full-sized digital SLR -- it’s got a big control dial and menu buttons on the rear, top-mounted shooting mode dial, a built-in pop-up flash, and more...
As point-and-shoot cameras go, there are two distinct categories. You can buy a point-and-shoot camera without a great deal of control -- these are made for people who just want to take photos, with no fussing around.
Micro Four-Thirds is a ‘mirrorless’ interchangeable lens digital camera system and lens mount family. If that all sounds a little daunting, here’s a simpler explanation: these cameras have big sensors (like chunky digital SLRs) stuffed into tiny bodi...
Australian electronics retailer Dick Smith is holding a pre-Christmas, one day only sale on Wednesday 5 December, in what the company describes as an event to "celebrate" its new management team.
Canon has announced the winners of its annual Photo5 community photo competition, with six photographs winning their creators a three-day workshop and holiday.
Lytro camera owners will be able to supplement their existing photos as well as new ones with a camera software update that allows slight adjustments in perspective, as well as nine ‘live filter’ modes that alter colour, focus, distortion and add spe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia