The latest version of Google's Picasa photo-management software adds face-recognition features and simplifies geotagging, the company announced Tuesday.
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
Not all flash memory cards are created alike. Nowhere is this more evident than with the new SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card. Available in 16GB to 64GB capacities, this card promises, and delivers, on extreme: Armed with SanDisk's rearchitected...
A new digital SLR camera will join Canon's line-up in October with the release of the EOS 7D. The Canon EOS 7D is capable of capturing 18-megapixel still images as well as shooting video at a Full HD (1080p) resolution. According to Canon, the camera...
Panasonic has just released two new LUMIX compact digital cameras that are slim yet pack huge zoom lenses: the LUMIX DMC-ZR1 and the LUMIX DMC-FX65. The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZR1 has a 25mm lens with a massive 8x zoom and is a completely new model, whi...
Two new Samsung point-and-shoot cameras will have a secondary LCD built into the front of the body, an innovative feature intended to simplify self-portraits, help parents snap pics of smiling babies, and make self-timer shots more effective.
Sony is the latest big-name company to announce point-and-shoot cameras for the Spring. Two new Cyber-shot models offer high-end features previously found only in the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX1 megazoom camera.
Auto focus, auto flash, scene selection and even smile detection. Today's cameras have automated just about everything involved in snapping a picture but still require someone to point them. Not any longer. Sony has developed a base unit for cameras ...
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
SD memory cards capable of reading and writing data at speeds faster than current cards should be available in less than a year, Toshiba said on Tuesday.
Nikon Australia today announced the Coolpix s1000pj: the world’s first compact camera with a built-in projector. The Nikon Coolpix s1000pj digital camera can project photos and movie clips on to any flat surface at the press of a button. The images c...
Nikon today introduced two digital SLRs: The D3000, which is aimed at mainstream and novice users, and the D300s, aimed squarely at professional and enthusiast shooters.
Rumors have swirled that Apple plans to add a camera to the iPod Touch. And, once the iPhone appeared with a camera capable of taking decent pictures and recording video, it became more than likely that the newest version of the iPod Touch would rece...
While Samsung has been making waves lately in netbooks and smartphones, they've also announced some new stuff for camera buffs.
Japan is threatening to complain to the World Trade Organization if South Korea goes through with reported plans to require certification for lithium ion batteries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD