Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
Sony's a7S II compact system camera is targeted at users that want to capture detailed stills in both bright light and near complete darkness, and videographers looking to record in 4K in Sony’s XAVC S format, which uses the highest level of the MPEG...
Canon developed an experimental CMOS sensor with 250 megapixels that could be used in some enterprise applications such as surveillance.
The U.S. government has approved construction of a powerful digital camera that will help scientists better understand dark matter and study how galaxies formed.
Weight is down 40 per cent and the size is down by 50 per cent when it is compared to the flagship Hero4 Black. There's no need for cumbersome housing either because the Session’s body is waterproof to 10 metres.
Sony has an ambitious plan to bring 4K video-shooting capabilities to a wide range of its point-and-shoot and SLR cameras over time, and a new sensor developed by the company will make that possible.
Sony's new bringing the ability to shoot 4K video to cameras that fit in pockets with its two new Cybershot products.
Google has developed a camera system capable of capturing immersive video for virtual reality, expanding the company's efforts in this hot new field, and it's partnering with GoPro to commercialize it.
Olympus’ Stylus Tough TG-4 is a rugged camera that will be released in May for a price of $499. In addition to providing the necessary tough features that will suit adventurous users and underwater shooters, the new camera has a more keen focus on im...
The Royal Easter Show is on the face of it hardly a tech-heads dream but below the surface, of course, runs a rich vein of technology. In fact, technology is everywhere at the Show. From the rides to the fireworks to the special effects, the lights, ...
Olympus has just announced its Stylus SH-2 ultra-zoom camera, and it looks like a little beauty.
Nikon's Coolpix P900 camera takes zooming to a whole new level, with a lens that can go from a wide angle of 24mm, all the way in to a tele-zoom angle of 2000mm. That's an 83x optical zoom capability, and Nikon has even added a feature called Dynamic...
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
The full-frame EOS 5D series just got a major jolt of pixels.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD