A basic DSLR kit lens will typically provide you with a range of 18mm to 55mm. This is an optimum range that allows you to take both near and wide angle shots, which makes it enough for most beginners and intermediate photographers.
Digital Camera Accessories
The Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II VC is a standard zoom lens designed for primary shooting duties. The lens aims to stand out for its f/2.8 designation, which is a fast, open aperture designed for low light shooting.
Photography isn't always just about the camera, particularly once you start travelling far and wide to take photos. In those instances, you will likely need to bring along some supplies to last you the day or more, as well as any electronic devices you may need. For journeys such as these, Lowepro has the Photo Hatchback 22L AW camera backpack.
Eye-Fi SD cards are memory cards that feature a tiny built-in wireless adapter, but you would never know this just by looking at them. They look just like a standard SD card, but they make it possible for you to transfer your photos to a computer, or upload them to a photo sharing site without having to remove the card from the camera.
In its warm brown wooden frame, the Kodak EasyShare D830 easily blends in with any other frames arranged on your desk or coffee table.
Transcend keeps pushing genres with the PF730. Like the earlier Transcend 720, the PF730 ($129) is not only a digital photo frame, but also a video player, an alarm clock, a calendar, and an MP3 player.
It’s hard not to like Kogan’s 8in WiFi Digital Photo Frame, with its glossy finish on the frame and its array of features. It’s one of the few photo frames on the market with wireless networking incorporated into its design, allowing you to connect to services such as Facebook, Twitter and Photobucket.
The Transcend 720 does seem serious about transcending genres. Not only is it a digital photo frame, but it is also an FM radio, a video player, and an MP3 player. The device's built-in 2GB of memory makes it easy to amass a big collection without using any cards or a PC (although you can do that, too).
As one would expect from D-Link--a company known for its networking products--its picture frame (US$210) is Wi-Fi-enabled. This 800-by-480-pixel, 10-inch frame comes with a snap-on white border, but I preferred the all-black, modern look. The D-Link doesn't really resemble a traditional picture frame; it looks far more techie. But sadly, some of this frame's limitations will be problematic for techies and nontechies alike.
Eye-Fi is a brand of Secure Digital memory card that adds wireless connectivity to the mix so you send photos from your digital camera straight to the web for backup or display. This means you can share your photos with the wider world very easily and quickly.
Don't know what memory card best suits your needs? Well we do! Read on to find out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC