I'm kind of a spelling snob. I take pains to make sure I spell everything correctly, so it bugs me a little bit when I receive mail that contains spelling mistakes.
Desktop PCs - Tutorials
By default, Windows "hides" various files and folders that are essential to system operation and data integrity. Why the Big Brother tactic? To protect you from yourself: moving or deleting any of these items could have unwelcome consequences.
Much as I love the idea behind Vista's window-preview thumbnails, which pop up when you mouse over any running program in the taskbar, I find them almost useless.
As most Windows watchers know by now, Windows 7 brings a handful of interface tweaks to the table, starting with large, eye-pleasing program icons that take up residence in the taskbar. Of course, this is little more than an update to the Quick Launc...
Interested in installing Windows 7 but want to avoid headaches and potential pitfalls? Then read our guide on how to set up a dual-boot Vista/Windows 7 machine and migrate to a new PC.
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Wi-Fi that crawls, connections that come unconnected, and printers that stop sharing -- our expert provides remedies for these common network woes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Raspberry Pi Roundup: Watching for the meter-reader, driving Lego cars and sweet art
- Meet the sleek Surface Studio all-in-one, Microsoft's first-ever desktop PC
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD