Richard Purdy's PC won't boot when he has a flash drive plugged into it.
Desktop PCs - Tutorials
Mario can't rescue the princess without his Fire Flower. Mega Man can't beat Dr. Wily without his Mega Buster. If you're going to save the world, you need the proper equipment--and a keyboard and mouse just won't cut it. Fortunately, you can get pret...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
Say hello to my little friend. AutoHotkey is a small utility that can accomplish big things. It's one of the best ways I know to make your PC work exactly the way you want it to.
Windows 7 comes with a pretty good migration tool--certainly better than the XP or Vista versions--but it's not perfect. I won't give you step-by-step instructions (it's very intuitive and you don't need them), but I'll help you through the major dec...
We love our gadgets, but sometimes they frustrate us, especially if they're slow. There's nothing worse than PCs that have lost their pep, or slow network connections and sluggish smartphones.
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
Following my advice in Dual-Boot with Windows 7, Dale Bevan set up a dual boot with Windows 7. He now wants to remove the new OS and stick with the old one. I've already explained how to remove the old version of Windows, but Dale wants to keep that ...
One of the most-talked about changes in Microsoft's Windows 7 is how it handles media files. The methods for photo and video importing, editing, and exporting have been all updated. You have new options for sharing and streaming files between compute...
Windows 7 has the same core code as Windows Vista, right? So application compatibility should be a non-issue, right?
Have you already tried Chrome OS using a virtual machine, and were less than impressed? Well now you can get a feel for how Google's Web-centric operating system will run natively on your machine. T
Marsha Naylor wants a way to access her old Outlook Express and Windows Mail messages in Windows 7.
In my early computing days (I'm talking Commodore Amiga here), I grew accustomed to file managers that used a side-by-side approach: Your complete file system was represented in two adjoining windows. That made it very easy to move or copy files and ...
Installing Windows 7 while keeping an older version of the operating system is a great idea if you have enough spare hard drive space. It allows you to move to the new OS without burning your bridges.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
- HP's power-packed Z2 Mini desktop takes on Apple's aging Mac Mini
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC