Mario can't rescue the princess without his Fire Flower. Mega Man can't beat Dr. Wily without his Mega Buster. If you're going to save the world, you need the proper equipment--and a keyboard and mouse just won't cut it. Fortunately, you can get pret...
Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
Say hello to my little friend. AutoHotkey is a small utility that can accomplish big things. It's one of the best ways I know to make your PC work exactly the way you want it to.
Windows 7 comes with a pretty good migration tool--certainly better than the XP or Vista versions--but it's not perfect. I won't give you step-by-step instructions (it's very intuitive and you don't need them), but I'll help you through the major dec...
We love our gadgets, but sometimes they frustrate us, especially if they're slow. There's nothing worse than PCs that have lost their pep, or slow network connections and sluggish smartphones.
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
Following my advice in Dual-Boot with Windows 7, Dale Bevan set up a dual boot with Windows 7. He now wants to remove the new OS and stick with the old one. I've already explained how to remove the old version of Windows, but Dale wants to keep that ...
One of the most-talked about changes in Microsoft's Windows 7 is how it handles media files. The methods for photo and video importing, editing, and exporting have been all updated. You have new options for sharing and streaming files between compute...
Windows 7 has the same core code as Windows Vista, right? So application compatibility should be a non-issue, right?
Have you already tried Chrome OS using a virtual machine, and were less than impressed? Well now you can get a feel for how Google's Web-centric operating system will run natively on your machine. T
Marsha Naylor wants a way to access her old Outlook Express and Windows Mail messages in Windows 7.
In my early computing days (I'm talking Commodore Amiga here), I grew accustomed to file managers that used a side-by-side approach: Your complete file system was represented in two adjoining windows. That made it very easy to move or copy files and ...
Installing Windows 7 while keeping an older version of the operating system is a great idea if you have enough spare hard drive space. It allows you to move to the new OS without burning your bridges.
Just got your hands on Windows 7 and want to bend it to your will? No problem. We've got plenty of tips, hacks and secrets to keep you busy for a long time, including automatically opening Windows Explorer to a folder of your choice, speeding up task...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW