Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
Desktop PCs - Slideshows
There's a special place reserved for the stalwart hardware that many of us have depended on day after day, year after year. Or at least, we believe there should be a special place.
Without a doubt, the desktop PC is falling out of favor as the world gravitates to equally powerful laptops and ultraportables. But some people out there will never turn in their towers of power
For many computer users, Apple has defined the personal computer industry, driven technology innovation, and changed the perception of personal computing.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Would you like that in small, medium or large?
If you love Firefox, you'll love these extensions!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
- Consumer PCs: Ailing, but not dead yet
- Meet Pixel, a gorgeous, much-needed visual overhaul for Raspberry Pi's main distro
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW