From 1970s minicomputers used for military programs (including nuclear weapons) to an IBM punch-card system still keeping the books at a Texas filter supplier, these are the computers that time forgot.
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
From new MacBook Air models, FaceTime for the Mac, a preview of OS X 10.7 Lion, and a barrel of iLife upgrades, Apple delivered the goods at its Back to the Mac. See what's new...
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
Gigabyte's new 6 Series motherboards will support the second generation Intel Core processors (codenamed Sandy Bridge) as well as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps and CrossFire X.
Whether you're in the market for an insanely high-end rig or you just feel like doing a little high-tech window shopping, these pricey PCs deliver serious bang for a whole lot of bucks.
Technology is supposed to make life easier, but it doesn't seem that way when you're struggling to wrangle 289 new e-mail messages, dealing with a hard-drive crash, or suddenly realizing that you left an important file on the office computer.
Case mods: Few may do them, but many gawk at the crazy creations coming out of enthusiasts' basements, garages, factories, and laboratories. These mad scientists of the PC world strive to find new ways to present a common computer in a unique--and often awesome--light.
In July 1985, Commodore released an impressive new multimedia PC called the Amiga.
As the great sci-fi novelist Robert A. Heinlein once said, "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." It is this spirit that inspires many of the artists of the House of Linux (and by extension, the House of Open Source). They poke fun at others and each other. Here is a selection of some of my favorite examples of humorous Linux wallpaper, posters and other illustrations.
Tech and booth babes on day one of the CeBIT Australia 2010 trade fair in Sydney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA