Greenpeace International on Wednesday criticized some major PC makers for backtracking on commitments to reduce hazardous substances in hardware.
Desktop PCs - News
Some small PC makers are paying a price for Windows 7 upgrades, but they have given a vote of confidence to the OS as it could deliver more profits by attracting buyers to purchase new systems.
Microsoft's Windows 7 Beta will start to spontaneously reboot every two hours beginning on Wednesday, the company has warned users.
Microsoft's limit on the number of computers eligible for free Windows 7 upgrades is "artificial" and "silly," an analyst said today, and may create just the situation the company hoped to avoid: stalled PC sales.
European customers will pay up to twice as much for Windows 7 compared to U.S. users, even though the new operating system will ship without a browser in Europe, according to Microsoft.
A long-awaited PC upgrade cycle among small and medium-sized businesses may lie just around the corner, according to an executive at a Taiwanese hardware maker.
Microsoft and online retailers today kicked off Windows 7 sales in the U.S., Canada and Japan, taking pre-orders at prices discounted by as much as 58 per cent.
Starting today, businesses and consumers who purchase copies of Windows Vista Home Premium, Business or Ultimate will be assured of an upgrade to Windows 7 at little or no cost, when the latter is released later this year.
Enterprises ready to restock with new PCs and take advantage of Microsoft's Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program might find the cost savings to be less than originally thought.
Microsoft's new operating system, Windows 7, will cost between $199 and $469 for upgrade and full versions when it launches in Australia on October 22 this year. The software company will offer six retail versions of the Windows Vista successor, with...
Not all Microsoft customers are cheering the just-announced Windows 7 pricing that puts the cost of an upgrade at as little as US$50.
Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 free upgrade program for buyers of Vista PCs on Friday, according to a message on a new company Web site.
Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
Microsoft will turn off the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) tap on Aug. 15, the company said today.
First-quarter global PC shipments fell 8.1 per cent year-over-year, according to market researcher iSuppli Corp., dragged down by weaker-than-expected desktop PC shipments.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
- HP's power-packed Z2 Mini desktop takes on Apple's aging Mac Mini
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Application SpecialistWA
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD