Microsoft's plan to dump Internet Explorer (IE) from Windows 7 for the European market is a move to discredit antitrust regulators by tying its proposal to a failed enforcement effort from 2005, a noted antitrust expert said today.
Microsoft has settled an antitrust case with Mississippi worth as much as US$100 million, the state said on Thursday.
Some PC vendors and sellers will begin a coupon program on June 26 to entitle people who buy premium versions of Microsoft Windows Vista to upgrade to the new Windows 7 operating system when it arrives later this year, but the upgrade offers may not ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
The Fedora Project on Tuesday released version 11 of its Linux open source operating system, adding expanded hardware support, new software management and improved virtualization.
Microsoft today issued 10 security updates that patched a record 31 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Excel, Word, Windows Search and other programs, including 18 bugs marked "critical."
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
China will require that Web filtering software be included with all computers sold in the country, another step up in its efforts to control pornography and other content on the Internet.
Mozilla has delayed the delivery of Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate (RC) until late next week to take care of several last-minute bugs, a company executive said today.
Psystar, the Mac clone maker battling with Apple that filed for bankruptcy last week, owes the bulk of its outstanding debt to the California law firm that's represented it for almost a year, court documents show.
Taiwanese device maker Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) is showing off a pair of mini-desktop PCs, or nettops, running the latest Intel Pineview chips at the Computex electronics exhibition in Taipei.
Google's Chrome and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) were the big winners last month in the browser share sweepstakes, according to Web measurement company Net Applications.
A mistake by Microsoft sent some users into a panic when they received an e-mail that told them their copies of Windows 7 beta would automatically begin rebooting every two hours starting June 1.
Microsoft today dropped a limitation from Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to ship on most netbooks, that would have blocked users from running more than three applications at the same time.
Dell on Thursday reported a 63 percent fall in net income during the first quarter of 2010, triggered partly by reduced PC sales and a restructuring charge related to cost cutting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel to ship thumb-sized Compute Sticks with Skylake chips in late April
- PC sales plunge further, as Windows 10 and Skylake CPUs fail to inspire upgrades
- Microsoft's new Raspberry Pi 3 kit makes it easy to create new devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC