Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
Microsoft will turn off the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) tap on Aug. 15, the company said today.
First-quarter global PC shipments fell 8.1 per cent year-over-year, according to market researcher iSuppli Corp., dragged down by weaker-than-expected desktop PC shipments.
The Microsoft blogger who first called attention to a security vulnerability in Windows 7's User Account Control (UAC) feature claims it still exists and that Microsoft won't fix it, even as the company nears final code completion on the OS.
As expected, Microsoft will let computer makers sell PCs with the aged Windows XP for six months after it releases Windows 7, a move that will confuse companies and make it tougher for them to manage their licensing, an analyst said today.
Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
Microsoft's plan to dump Internet Explorer (IE) from Windows 7 for the European market is a move to discredit antitrust regulators by tying its proposal to a failed enforcement effort from 2005, a noted antitrust expert said today.
Microsoft has settled an antitrust case with Mississippi worth as much as US$100 million, the state said on Thursday.
Some PC vendors and sellers will begin a coupon program on June 26 to entitle people who buy premium versions of Microsoft Windows Vista to upgrade to the new Windows 7 operating system when it arrives later this year, but the upgrade offers may not ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
The Fedora Project on Tuesday released version 11 of its Linux open source operating system, adding expanded hardware support, new software management and improved virtualization.
Microsoft today issued 10 security updates that patched a record 31 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Excel, Word, Windows Search and other programs, including 18 bugs marked "critical."
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
China will require that Web filtering software be included with all computers sold in the country, another step up in its efforts to control pornography and other content on the Internet.
Mozilla has delayed the delivery of Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate (RC) until late next week to take care of several last-minute bugs, a company executive said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW