China will require that Web filtering software be included with all computers sold in the country, another step up in its efforts to control pornography and other content on the Internet.
Mozilla has delayed the delivery of Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate (RC) until late next week to take care of several last-minute bugs, a company executive said today.
Psystar, the Mac clone maker battling with Apple that filed for bankruptcy last week, owes the bulk of its outstanding debt to the California law firm that's represented it for almost a year, court documents show.
Taiwanese device maker Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) is showing off a pair of mini-desktop PCs, or nettops, running the latest Intel Pineview chips at the Computex electronics exhibition in Taipei.
Google's Chrome and Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) were the big winners last month in the browser share sweepstakes, according to Web measurement company Net Applications.
A mistake by Microsoft sent some users into a panic when they received an e-mail that told them their copies of Windows 7 beta would automatically begin rebooting every two hours starting June 1.
Microsoft today dropped a limitation from Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to ship on most netbooks, that would have blocked users from running more than three applications at the same time.
Dell on Thursday reported a 63 percent fall in net income during the first quarter of 2010, triggered partly by reduced PC sales and a restructuring charge related to cost cutting.
The European Union's antitrust case against Microsoft Corp. over Internet Explorer could be a nightmare for small- and medium-sized computer makers and set a dangerous precedent, a longtime trade group ally of Microsoft argued today.
Some see the touch interface as the next big thing in personal computing, while others view it as a gimmick that won't replace traditional input devices anytime soon. I'm split on the issue. The success of Apple's iPhone proves that touch, if done ...
Small-PC specialist Shuttle will show off a pair of desktop PCs based on Via Technologies' Nano processor at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week, the company said Tuesday.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is now available for download. The Vista SP2 update include new support for recording Blu-ray discs straight from the Vista OS, updated support for Bluetooth v2.1, and bug fixes that address slow shutdowns and mysterious ...
It's the law of unintended consequences. Microsoft's launch Vista was the best recruiter for Linux on the desktop according to a senior IBM executive.
Windows 7 may be looking faster and more polished than its predecessor, Windows Vista, but both operating systems are nearly identical under the hood.
Microsoft on Thursday said it had canceled an oral hearing set for early next month over EU antitrust allegations that it "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition, saying that senior regulators won't be attending.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT