Microsoft's new operating system, Windows 7, will cost between $199 and $469 for upgrade and full versions when it launches in Australia on October 22 this year. The software company will offer six retail versions of the Windows Vista successor, with...
Not all Microsoft customers are cheering the just-announced Windows 7 pricing that puts the cost of an upgrade at as little as US$50.
Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 free upgrade program for buyers of Vista PCs on Friday, according to a message on a new company Web site.
Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
Microsoft will turn off the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) tap on Aug. 15, the company said today.
First-quarter global PC shipments fell 8.1 per cent year-over-year, according to market researcher iSuppli Corp., dragged down by weaker-than-expected desktop PC shipments.
The Microsoft blogger who first called attention to a security vulnerability in Windows 7's User Account Control (UAC) feature claims it still exists and that Microsoft won't fix it, even as the company nears final code completion on the OS.
As expected, Microsoft will let computer makers sell PCs with the aged Windows XP for six months after it releases Windows 7, a move that will confuse companies and make it tougher for them to manage their licensing, an analyst said today.
Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
Microsoft's plan to dump Internet Explorer (IE) from Windows 7 for the European market is a move to discredit antitrust regulators by tying its proposal to a failed enforcement effort from 2005, a noted antitrust expert said today.
Microsoft has settled an antitrust case with Mississippi worth as much as US$100 million, the state said on Thursday.
Some PC vendors and sellers will begin a coupon program on June 26 to entitle people who buy premium versions of Microsoft Windows Vista to upgrade to the new Windows 7 operating system when it arrives later this year, but the upgrade offers may not ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
The Fedora Project on Tuesday released version 11 of its Linux open source operating system, adding expanded hardware support, new software management and improved virtualization.
Microsoft today issued 10 security updates that patched a record 31 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Excel, Word, Windows Search and other programs, including 18 bugs marked "critical."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC