Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
Desktop PCs - News
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
A new version of Windows is not typically a reason to throw a party, but Microsoft is hoping people will do just that to celebrate Windows 7, and has teamed with House Party to help them do so.
Microsoft has made enhancements to its upcoming Windows 7 operating system that will speed up applications on machines with Intel's multicore chips, resulting in better overall system performance and less power consumption.
Mac clone maker Psystar isn't waiting for a federal judge to give it the green light to sell systems with Apple's new Snow Leopard operating system, according to the company's Web site.
Mac clone maker Psystar last week sued Apple for a second time, charging that it illegally ties the new Snow Leopard operating system to its hardware.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Windows 7 could inspire businesses to begin spending money on PC upgrades again because it repairs major problems enterprise users had with Vista when it was released nearly three years ago, analysts said this week.
A special Windows 7 upgrade package for households with more than one PC is now available for pre-order online ahead of schedule and at a discount from Microsoft's previously announced price.
As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft began pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises yesterday via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCMainframe Specialist - Z/OSACT
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTProject AnalystNSW