Moore's Law will keep going strong for decades, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicts.
Desktop PCs - News
During the second IDF 2009 keynote, by Sean Maloney (Exec. VP and General Manager of Intel Architecture Group), we were briefly treated to the first public demonstration of Intel's upcoming enthusiast GPU code-named Larrabee. Intel has stated in the ...
Microsoft has told beta testers of its free antivirus software that it will release the final version to the public soon.
With attack code that exploits a critical unpatched bug in Windows likely to go public soon, Microsoft wants users to run an automated tool that disables the vulnerable component.
Two technologies currently under research by IBM may hold the key to being able to process and store the Exabyte (one thousand million Gb) of data expected to flow per day from the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) telescope project.
Leaders in the Linux community seemed resigned to the fact that Linux still hasn't made headway in the desktop market, but they made it clear on Monday that their success in other markets, such as mobile, is at least as important.
Will machines ever be as smart as humans? Intel CTO Justin Rattner thinks that someday, they might.
Google's new Chrome 3.0 is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers, and beats every rival, including Apple's Safari, by comfortable margins, benchmark tests show.
Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
- HP rises again to be the world's top PC maker as Lenovo slips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW