Vendors have been moving to liquid cooling on servers to reduce heat in data centers, but Hewlett-Packard Co. said today that it is expanding use of liquid cooling on its workstations to tackle another problem: whiney and irritating fans.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently confirmed that the company will limit Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to end up on netbooks, to systems that sport small screens and low-powered processors.
For most people who are considering moving to Windows 7, October 22 is D-Day. On that date Microsoft's newest operating system lands on store shelves, both as a shrinkwrapped upgrade and preinstalled on new PCs. For some folks, though, D-Day has alre...
A chart Microsoft provided to a Wall Street Journal columnist that spells out which versions of Windows and XP can be upgraded to Windows 7 without a cumbersome "clean install" is causing a dust-up between bloggers and prompted Apple users to poke fu...
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
Lenovo's PC sales began to recover in its latest fiscal quarter, but the world's fourth-biggest PC maker warned that the recession was not over as it posted a net loss Thursday.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
More than seven years after pulling out of the Australian market, Gateway PC -- the brand with the cow-themed logo -- will return to Australia on 15 August with a range of notebooks targeted at fashion-conscious consumers.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Revised data from a prominent Web metrics company dropped Apple under the 5% market-share mark, about half what the same firm said Macs enjoyed just two months ago.
Betting that European antitrust regulators will okay its proposal for a "ballot screen" and facing opposition from computer makers and corporate customers, Microsoft late Friday abandoned plans to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft on Friday let users who want to upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another know how they can do so.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW