Lawyers for the Mac clone maker fighting with Apple over copyright infringement charges have taken testimony from Philip Schiller, Apple's head of marketing, and will depose other executives next week, said Florida-based Psystar yesterday.
Apple has wrapped up work on Snow Leopard, the Mac OS X operating system upgrade, and may release it earlier than expected, according to numerous reports on the Web.
Fujitsu announced the launch of the 0-Watt-PC to its proGreen series. This energy-saving PC, announced earlier at this year's CeBIT, is now available for shipping in two versions: the Esprimo E7935 0-Watt (small form factor) and Esprimo P7935 0-Watt...
Vendors have been moving to liquid cooling on servers to reduce heat in data centers, but Hewlett-Packard Co. said today that it is expanding use of liquid cooling on its workstations to tackle another problem: whiney and irritating fans.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently confirmed that the company will limit Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to end up on netbooks, to systems that sport small screens and low-powered processors.
For most people who are considering moving to Windows 7, October 22 is D-Day. On that date Microsoft's newest operating system lands on store shelves, both as a shrinkwrapped upgrade and preinstalled on new PCs. For some folks, though, D-Day has alre...
A chart Microsoft provided to a Wall Street Journal columnist that spells out which versions of Windows and XP can be upgraded to Windows 7 without a cumbersome "clean install" is causing a dust-up between bloggers and prompted Apple users to poke fu...
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
Lenovo's PC sales began to recover in its latest fiscal quarter, but the world's fourth-biggest PC maker warned that the recession was not over as it posted a net loss Thursday.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
More than seven years after pulling out of the Australian market, Gateway PC -- the brand with the cow-themed logo -- will return to Australia on 15 August with a range of notebooks targeted at fashion-conscious consumers.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC