A chart Microsoft provided to a Wall Street Journal columnist that spells out which versions of Windows and XP can be upgraded to Windows 7 without a cumbersome "clean install" is causing a dust-up between bloggers and prompted Apple users to poke fu...
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
Lenovo's PC sales began to recover in its latest fiscal quarter, but the world's fourth-biggest PC maker warned that the recession was not over as it posted a net loss Thursday.
Microsoft is trying to improve the visuals in Windows 7 by working with hardware makers on a software interface that maximizes the use of graphics cards.
More than seven years after pulling out of the Australian market, Gateway PC -- the brand with the cow-themed logo -- will return to Australia on 15 August with a range of notebooks targeted at fashion-conscious consumers.
Microsoft's Windows Division president Steven Sinofsky tried Wednesday to tamp down a growing roar that Windows 7 RTM has a critical flaw that can shut down the OS by running a simple command.
Microsoft Tuesday released software that uses virtualization to allow people to run applications in Windows 7 as if they are running in XP, making it easier for applications written for older versions of the OS to run on Windows 7.
Microsoft for the first time has named Linux distributors Red Hat and Canonical as competitors to its Windows client business in its annual filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
HP today announced the expansion of its "HP Planet Partners Program" to consumer and small business customers. Previously available only to its direct enterprise customers, the recycling program will allow consumers and small to medium businesses to ...
Revised data from a prominent Web metrics company dropped Apple under the 5% market-share mark, about half what the same firm said Macs enjoyed just two months ago.
Betting that European antitrust regulators will okay its proposal for a "ballot screen" and facing opposition from computer makers and corporate customers, Microsoft late Friday abandoned plans to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft on Friday let users who want to upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another know how they can do so.
Many potential buyers of laptops priced under US$300 in the U.S. had an unpleasant surprise over the weekend: The machines would not be eligible for a free upgrade to Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Microsoft made a U-turn today and announced that it would hand out free copies of Windows 7 Ultimate to the initiation-only testers who received the very earliest builds of the OS last year.
Pirates have cracked Windows 7's product activation just a week after the operating system made RTM and a week before it's slated to reach users, Microsoft confirmed today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC