Microsoft on Monday stepped up plans to push Windows 7 upgrades to European users. The company said its decision to keep Internet Explorer 8 in the OS in Europe has enabled it to make a family-pack option available to customers there in October.
A Microsoft Windows 7 installation disk can be tweaked to install any version of the operating system, giving users a "try-before-buy" opportunity before upgrading to a more expensive edition, a popular newsletter revealed.
Microsoft has, as planned, removed the download for the release candidate of Windows 7, the next major update to Microsoft Windows.
The Mac clone maker battling with Apple over copyright infringement allegations complained to a federal judge Tuesday that a top Apple executive was "unprepared" and "unwilling to testify" during a recent deposition.
Microsoft will offer Windows 7's ribbon-style application interface to Windows Vista users in an update this October, according to the company.
Microsoft plans to backport a "ribbon" user interface feature it introduced in Windows 7 to Windows Vista, according to the company's developer Web site.
Like its predecessor, Windows 7 can be used for up to 120 days without providing a product activation key, Microsoft confirmed today.
Microsoft will turn off the download spigot for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on Thursday around 11 a.m. ET, the company confirmed on Tuesday.
A mistaken offer in Apple's online store on Wednesday could signal that the company's latest Mac operating system, code-named Snow Leopard, is primed for launch as early as next week.
Asus and Apple were the most reliable PC vendors in the U.S. during the second quarter this year, according to a survey released by Rescuecom on Tuesday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Lawyers for the Mac clone maker fighting with Apple over copyright infringement charges have taken testimony from Philip Schiller, Apple's head of marketing, and will depose other executives next week, said Florida-based Psystar yesterday.
Apple has wrapped up work on Snow Leopard, the Mac OS X operating system upgrade, and may release it earlier than expected, according to numerous reports on the Web.
Fujitsu announced the launch of the 0-Watt-PC to its proGreen series. This energy-saving PC, announced earlier at this year's CeBIT, is now available for shipping in two versions: the Esprimo E7935 0-Watt (small form factor) and Esprimo P7935 0-Watt...
Vendors have been moving to liquid cooling on servers to reduce heat in data centers, but Hewlett-Packard Co. said today that it is expanding use of liquid cooling on its workstations to tackle another problem: whiney and irritating fans.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT