Will machines ever be as smart as humans? Intel CTO Justin Rattner thinks that someday, they might.
Google's new Chrome 3.0 is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers, and beats every rival, including Apple's Safari, by comfortable margins, benchmark tests show.
Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
A new version of Windows is not typically a reason to throw a party, but Microsoft is hoping people will do just that to celebrate Windows 7, and has teamed with House Party to help them do so.
Microsoft has made enhancements to its upcoming Windows 7 operating system that will speed up applications on machines with Intel's multicore chips, resulting in better overall system performance and less power consumption.
Mac clone maker Psystar isn't waiting for a federal judge to give it the green light to sell systems with Apple's new Snow Leopard operating system, according to the company's Web site.
Mac clone maker Psystar last week sued Apple for a second time, charging that it illegally ties the new Snow Leopard operating system to its hardware.
Like the rest of the economy, the tech sector has been in the doldrums for well over a year now. But there are signs that things may be improving. Here are five recent developments that show a tech recovery may be under way.
Windows 7 could inspire businesses to begin spending money on PC upgrades again because it repairs major problems enterprise users had with Vista when it was released nearly three years ago, analysts said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW