Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system boots slower than its unloved predecessor, Windows Vista, a PC tune-up developer said today.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft announced today that it will abandon its decades-old Works entry-level suite, and will instead offer a stripped-down, advertising-supported version of Office 2010 on new PCs next year.
Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
Eight months after announcing they would make their virtualization wares interoperable, Microsoft and Red Hat delivered the goods Wednesday on their first major collaboration.
There used to be something no self-respecting Mac owner would do: Admit to owning a Windows PC. Now, a whopping 85 percent of Mac owners 'fess up.
Windows 7 will add 25,000 jobs to the U.S. and "do its bit" to help the economy climb out of the crisis, says IDC in a new study.
Google posted ads on its search results over the weekend that hinted Apple will soon refresh its iMac, Mac mini and MacBook lines.
The Florida company entangled with Apple in two federal courts said today it would license its technology to other clone makers so they could offer Mac knock-offs to their customers.
Windows 7 is right around the corner. The official release date is Oct. 22, but some PC makers will ship it before then.
Microsoft today lifted the curtain on its Microsoft Security Essentials, the free successor to its OneCare security program.
Windows Vista users (and IT folks taking care of Server 2008 computers) should watch out for a new security hole involving Windows file sharing. A remote attacker could assume full control of a vulnerable computer by exploiting a flaw in the SMB prot...
Before Windows 7's arrival, touchscreen support wasn't part of the Windows operating system itself. Instead, all-in-one PC vendors resorted to stopgaps ranging from elegant (HP's growing TouchSmart software suite) to kludgy (touchscreen apps from MSI...
Dell today announced a the newest addition to its workstation desktop range, the Precision T1500. It is the cheapest workstation in the manufacturer's range and the first on the international market to gain certification from CAD software developer A...
The Laptop Hunters be darned, Apple is not just a brand for the rich and trendy.
Microsoft has given small system builders the green light to start selling new Windows 7 PCs more than a week before the general launch date of Oct. 22, a US computer maker said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
- This jaw-dropping all-AMD custom gaming PC looks like an M134 minigun
- HP's power-packed Z2 Mini desktop takes on Apple's aging Mac Mini
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)NSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW