Dell today announced a the newest addition to its workstation desktop range, the Precision T1500. It is the cheapest workstation in the manufacturer's range and the first on the international market to gain certification from CAD software developer A...
The Laptop Hunters be darned, Apple is not just a brand for the rich and trendy.
Microsoft has given small system builders the green light to start selling new Windows 7 PCs more than a week before the general launch date of Oct. 22, a US computer maker said.
Moore's Law will keep going strong for decades, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicts.
During the second IDF 2009 keynote, by Sean Maloney (Exec. VP and General Manager of Intel Architecture Group), we were briefly treated to the first public demonstration of Intel's upcoming enthusiast GPU code-named Larrabee. Intel has stated in the ...
Microsoft has told beta testers of its free antivirus software that it will release the final version to the public soon.
With attack code that exploits a critical unpatched bug in Windows likely to go public soon, Microsoft wants users to run an automated tool that disables the vulnerable component.
Two technologies currently under research by IBM may hold the key to being able to process and store the Exabyte (one thousand million Gb) of data expected to flow per day from the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) telescope project.
Leaders in the Linux community seemed resigned to the fact that Linux still hasn't made headway in the desktop market, but they made it clear on Monday that their success in other markets, such as mobile, is at least as important.
Will machines ever be as smart as humans? Intel CTO Justin Rattner thinks that someday, they might.
Google's new Chrome 3.0 is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers, and beats every rival, including Apple's Safari, by comfortable margins, benchmark tests show.
Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
Addressing complaints about slow Windows startup times, Hewlett-Packard Co. plans to introduce a new business desktop PC that comes with a solid-state disk drive (SSD) to speed up Windows 7 and other applications.
Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW