Windows 10 will feature a new browser with a minimalist interface and a new rendering engine, but there is one thing it very prominently lacks: the name Internet Explorer.
Upcoming "universal" versions of Microsoft applications will run on PCs, tablets and small devices including smartphones, and will be different from the desktop version of Office.
Microsoft has given the first glimpse of Windows 10 on smartphones, including several ways that phone users can stay in sync with their PCs.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
After kicking off our original look at Windows 10 with a bevy of business-friendly features, Microsoft drew back the curtain on the operating system's new consumer-focused features at an event on Wednesday, while simultaneously driving home a vision ...
Four months after pitching Windows 10 to businesses, Microsoft is focusing on consumers at an event where CEO Satya Nadella and other officials are pledging that the new OS offers individuals significant advances over Windows 8, its problematic prede...
Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
A cable connector is an odd thing to get excited about, but when it's something as ubiquitous as USB you can perhaps forgive people for getting a little worked up.
Hewlett-Packard is launching an assault on low-cost Chrome desktops with an inexpensive Stream mini-PC running Windows 8.1.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates sold 20 million company shares in late October, but thanks to market gains in the past three months, his portfolio was worth more than when he last sold stock, regulatory filings showed.
Samsung Australia has announced the release of its factory calibrated UD970 professional monitor.
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
Following revisions to Apple’s iPad range and 27in iMac is the Mac Mini, which was the beneficiary of processing updates and a new operating system.
Apple has updated its 27in iMac with upgraded internals, a 5K display and OS X Yosemite.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel to ship thumb-sized Compute Sticks with Skylake chips in late April
- PC sales plunge further, as Windows 10 and Skylake CPUs fail to inspire upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC