Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system has been doing well in the market since it launched nearly two weeks ago, Microsoft executives said Wednesday.
PC makers looking to boost sales in recent years have increasingly zoned in on rural China, a vast and largely untapped source of new PC users.
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Microsoft has long said, and we have reminded users, that DirectX 11 is not just a Windows 7 technology. The company promised that DirectX 11 will be available for Vista around the same time as the release of its latest and greatest operating system.
The Mac clone maker that's been battling Apple for more than a year in federal court last week asked a judge to rule that its business is legitimate, and to stop Apple from saying different.
Owners of Apple's new iMacs, including the pricier 27-in. model, have reported major performance problems with their machines, including extremely sluggish playback of Flash-based video, according to posts on Apple's support forum.
Microsoft has confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows 7 on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line.
Sony issued a recall for some AC adapters used with all-in-one Vaio PCs and docking stations as they pose the risk of causing electric shock, the company said.
While the world focused on Microsoft's launch of Windows 7, Florida-based Psystar quietly launched Rebel EFI, a software product that should worry Apple a lot more than Microsoft's latest operating system. Rebel EFI allows users to run Apple's flagsh...
Users remained stymied today by endless reboots after trying to upgrade their PCs to Windows 7, according to messages posted on Microsoft's support forum.
Mark Shuttleworth, founder and CEO of Canonical Ltd., the maker of the most popular desktop Linux alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows, not only claims to be "delighted" that Windows 7 is out, but calls the new operating system an "excellent rele...
Mac clone maker Psystar yesterday started selling a utility that lets owners of generic PCs install and run Apple's Snow Leopard operating system.
Some users trying to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 have seen their PCs crippled by an endless series of reboots, according to reports on Microsoft's support forum.
Users can do a "clean" installation of Windows 7 using an upgrade license to save $80-$100 over the price of a 'full' edition, a popular blog has reported.
Despite Thursday's Windows 7 launch and hoopla, Microsoft remains cautious about corporate uptake of the operating system and believes 2010 will be the real start to the upgrade cycle that could run into 2012.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW