Microsoft may have buried a wireless networking feature in Windows 7 Starter, the edition installed on most netbooks, but it did not actually disable the ad hoc wireless feature, as the firm's marketing materials claim, a noted Windows blogger said t...
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft today denied that its November Windows updates are causing a widespread "black screen" lock-out of users' PCs.
Users who have moved to Windows 7 gave the new operating system a big thumbs up in a just-released survey, although people upgrading from XP were less enthusiastic than those migrating from Vista.
Microsoft today confirmed that it is looking into reports that November's security updates have triggered a black screen on some Windows users' PCs.
Microsoft's latest round of security patches appears to be causing some PCs to seize up and display a black screen, rending the computer useless.
Microsoft, which has faced criticism for the pricing of its Windows 7 operating system, has announced that it will be conducting a pilot program in Australia for a Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack. The Family Pack will include licences for up to th...
Microsoft has done more to popularize graphical programming than any other vendor. The company's development tools, led by Visual Basic and Visual Studio, have been used by millions of software developers over the past two decades.
Apple has asked a federal judge to shut down Psystar's Mac clone operation and to pay more than $US2.1 million in damages, according to court documents.
Apple is set to bring traditional US "Black Friday" sales to Australia, kicking off the Christmas retail sale rush.
Windows 7 passed the 5 per cent market share milestone last weekend, which put it, if only temporarily, above the total market share of all versions of Apple's Mac OS X, a Web measurement firm said today.
A senior Dell executive is bullish about a recovery in PC demand from businesses, saying the Oct. 22 release of Windows 7 sparked a surge in PC sales for the company.
Everyone's all a-twitter over Google's newly announced operating system, Google Chrome OS. Some swear it'll be a hit; others are convinced it's destined for failure. Love it or hate it, though, this puppy's one tough piece of software to ignore.
With Google Inc. working on its upcoming browser-based Chrome operating system, the company is intensifying its grudge match with rival Microsoft Corp.
Google is hosting an event today to offer the first official glimpse at the Chrome operating system. Chrome has ignited enthusiasm in an operating system market that has been largely stagnant for years. Google may succeed in shaking things up a bit.
Microsoft today denied that it has built a backdoor into Windows 7, a concern that surfaced yesterday after a senior National Security Agency (NSA) official testified before Congress that the agency had worked on the operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Consumer PCs: Ailing, but not dead yet
- Meet Pixel, a gorgeous, much-needed visual overhaul for Raspberry Pi's main distro
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Intel doubles down on Project Alloy as the savior of the PC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia