An Italian legal initiative seeking compensation from PC manufacturers for undesired preinstalled Microsoft software will begin next week, the head of the consumer group promoting the class action lawsuit said Thursday.
Desktop PCs - News
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer bragged up Windows 7 success last night in his keynote speech at CES.
An Italian consumers association is set to mount a class-action lawsuit to obtain compensation for customers who buy PCs with preinstalled Microsoft software but who prefer not to use the Windows OS, the association's president announced Tuesday.
Nokia last week asked a federal court to block Apple from importing virtually any of Apple's current hardware into the U.S., including the iPhone, iPod and Mac lines.
With a screen depth of 18.5mm, the svelte Lenovo IdeaCentre A300 has claimed the title of the world's thinnest All-in-One PC. It sports a 21.5-inch, 1920-by-1080 resolution widescreen display, putting the final dimensions at 524 by 396 by 207mm (20....
Microsoft has already prepared Windows 7 with code to let users download the new operating system's first service pack, a prominent blogger reported last weekend.
Microsoft's Windows resumed its usual losing form last month as the operating system's usage share dropped by about a third of a point even as the new Windows 7 posted a second straight month of impressive gains, Web metrics firm Net Applications sai...
Mac clone maker Psystar last week indefinitely suspended sales of its only product, a US$50 utility that lets customers install Apple's Snow Leopard operating system on generic Intel-based computers.
Unit shipments of personal computers in Japan registered their third straight month of gains in November based on year-ago levels, an industry association said Thursday.
Owners of Apple's 27in iMac have reported that the firmware update released earlier this week has not solved their flickering display problems, according to Apple's own support forum.
DisplayLink Inc. has disclosed plans to ship a chip that enables video to run in "SuperSpeed" USB 3.0 standard devices in the second half of 2010, which would allow its use in consumer products as early as next Christmas.
Apple issued a firmware update today for all 27in iMacs that is designed to fix display problems, including flickering screens, that have been reported by hundreds of recent buyers.
Companies are starting to let employees use privately owned notebook computers for work purposes, according to a Gartner Inc. survey of 500 IT managers in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
This might have been an upset of major proportions for the music industry but at the end of the day, it just underscored the power of Facebook.
Mac clone maker Psystar reopened its Web site Saturday as a second company lawyer stepped forward to say reports of the company's demise were greatly exaggerated.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW