What's next for Microsoft's hardware efforts? If recent reports are to believed, it looks like an all-in-one desktop is on the way,
Desktop PCs - News
Alienware's Radeon RX 480-powered backpack PC may look like something out of a cyberpunk dystopia, but it's a practical solution to one of VR's biggest problems: Being tethered to a computer.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
Overclocking might have an exotic image but it's not too difficult to start. At the entry level, an Intel desktop app provides an immediate performance boost.
Does it bother you that we’re heading toward a post-ownership computing world where we will have little control over our videos, music, software programs and devices? It does me.
The GeForce GTX 1080 will give you twice the performance of a Titan X for just $600
USB-C promise up to 10Gbps data transfer, but the first generation of USB-C devices aren’t as fast as they could be. Here's what to loo out for.
Samsung's Artik 10 developer board will compete with Raspberry Pi 3, but not on price.
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
If you've been waiting patiently for Intel's new Compute Sticks with Skylake chips, there's good news: those thumb-sized PCs will start shipping on April 29.
Ouch: "There was no particular motivation for U.S. consumers to purchase PCs in the first quarter of 2016," said Gartner, one of two top analyst firms saying worldwide PC sales fell between 10 and 12 percent during the first quarter.
Microsoft wants to make the Raspberry Pi 3 computer easier to use for people who want to be makers but haven't worked with hardware before.
Windows 10 (64-bit) is now the most popular way to play Steam games, thanks to “Recommended” upgrades and DirectX 12
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- TPDeployment EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- CC.Net Developer - SilverlightVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCProject MangerWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT