A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
It only took an embarrassing adware scandal that put millions of PCs at risk, but Lenovo has had a revelation: People just want clean Windows.
Hey, Cortana: You're supposed to be making life simpler--at least, when helping people use Microsoft's Windows Phone and Windows 10.
There's a new browser aiming to win the hearts and minds of power users. Called Vivaldi, the Chromium-based browser comes from a team led by Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder and former CEO of Opera Software. Vivaldi is available now as a technical previ...
Budget brand, Medion, will be pushing new products through Aldi supermarkets this Australia Day weekend. They include a new desktop PC, a 15.6in notebook, and a 4.5in Android smartphone. The products go on sale Saturday 24 January, and will be availa...
"We're dreaming about holograms," said Alex Kipman of Microsoft, as he unveiled a new set of technologies that will bring 3D imaging and augmented reality to Windows. That's right: holograms--possibly the biggest surprise from Wednesday's the Windows...
Windows 10 will feature a new browser with a minimalist interface and a new rendering engine, but there is one thing it very prominently lacks: the name Internet Explorer.
Upcoming "universal" versions of Microsoft applications will run on PCs, tablets and small devices including smartphones, and will be different from the desktop version of Office.
Microsoft has given the first glimpse of Windows 10 on smartphones, including several ways that phone users can stay in sync with their PCs.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
After kicking off our original look at Windows 10 with a bevy of business-friendly features, Microsoft drew back the curtain on the operating system's new consumer-focused features at an event on Wednesday, while simultaneously driving home a vision ...
Four months after pitching Windows 10 to businesses, Microsoft is focusing on consumers at an event where CEO Satya Nadella and other officials are pledging that the new OS offers individuals significant advances over Windows 8, its problematic prede...
Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
A cable connector is an odd thing to get excited about, but when it's something as ubiquitous as USB you can perhaps forgive people for getting a little worked up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC