Acer has launched the world’s first Chromebase all‐in‐one desktop with Intel processors at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
The biggest difference in this year’s refreshed entry-level iMac is easy to see: It’s the new 4K screen, which brings a stunning high-resolution Retina display to the pricier 21.5-in. model. But to get the most from the iMac, you’ll want to accessorize.
Auctioneer Christie's is now taking online bids for an Apple-1 personal computer, as yet another owner tries to capitalize on interest in the 39-year-old device.
Windows 10 users have petitioned Microsoft's CEO to let them not only delay feature and functionality updates, but also ignore them, a plea that if granted would upend the company's plans to deliver the OS as a service.
Apple completes Retina iMac lineup, updates input devices.
Crack open Apple's classic tower and behold the attention to detail.
Global PC shipments will decline for the fourth consecutive year as people continue re-directing money towards smartphones and tablets.
Apple's Mac Mini has a low $619 price, is unobtrusively styled and proves versatile in that it can be used as an everyday computer or a sophisticated media player.
Apple has squeezed a 5K display into the same confines of its current iMac and has managed to do so without blowing out the price.
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates sold 20 million company shares in late October, but thanks to market gains in the past three months, his portfolio was worth more than when he last sold stock, regulatory filings showed.
Google’s Chrome OS makes an appearance in LG’s Chromebase, which is an all-in-one desktop computer that’s designed to run the simple, mostly cloud-enhanced operating system. It’s a good looking unit with a screen size of 22 inches, and since it runs Chrome OS, you don’t really need to know what’s under the hood.
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
Reader H. Landreth is one lucky (or, at least, well-heeled) Mac Pro owner. He writes:
Hot off the heels of the largest iPhone launch comes another Apple event following the issuing of cryptic invitations.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple-1 computer relic hits the auction block
- Customers petition Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, demand changes to Windows 10 update practices
- Apple unveils new 21.5-inch Retina iMac, Magic Mouse 2, Magic Trackpad 2, and Magic Keyboard
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- CCProject MangerWA
- FTCyber Security - Technical SpecialistACT
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer x 2NSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD