Battlefield 1 runs gloriously on a gaming PC powered by AMD's FX-8370 processor and Radeon RX 480.
PAX - The Penny Arcade Expo - is back in Melbourne and it's huge. While still a gamer's festival there is also the promise of all kinds of new technology on show this year. Many industry people from Asia and America have flown in to show off the latest in everything from VR to video streaming services. We'll cover the lot
This budget gaming PC might cost only $500 to build, but it'll deliver excellent performance in any PC game you throw at it.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
Windows 10 (64-bit) is now the most popular way to play Steam games, thanks to “Recommended” upgrades and DirectX 12
Desktop monitors are undergoing a renaissance.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Lenovo's future is looking pretty black and green as it tries to secure some much-needed gaming cred. Razer brings that gaming cachet, while Lenovo brings the money and manufacturing means Razer lacks. This seemingly unlikely partnership could be a good thing.
Sony said its PlayStation 4 will deliver game streaming to PCs and Macs, shortly after a third-party app promised to offer similar functionality.
The largest electronics etailer in North America is bringing its Black Friday sales bonanza to Australia and New Zealand.
Plus: The Witcher 3 sells 6 million copies and Just Cause 3 wants to give you a real-life island. This is all the gaming news you need to know for the week of August 24, 2015.
After the feature leaked a few days ago, Microsoft officially turns it on for everyone as part of the August update.
Xbox One owners will be able to attach their Kinect motion sensors to Windows PCs and tablets thanks to a new adapter introduced by Microsoft.
The Kone series of mice fall in the upper range of Roccat’s product portfolio, and variations include the regular Kone Pure, the Kone Pure Colour, and the Kone Pure Optical. For this review, we’ll look at the basic version of Kone Pure, which lacks the colour selection of the Pure Colour and optical sensor of the Pure Optical. We found the more affordable Roccat Savu to be a solid gaming mouse, so expectations were high for the Kone Pure.
Roccat Ryos MK Pro carries over the design elements of the Isku FX and replaces the membrane with mechanical keys. The Isku FX stood out for its affordability, but the addition of mechanical keys to the Ryos MK Pro has essentially doubled the price. Mechanical keyboards typically come at a premium, so the questions becomes whether the Ryos MK Pro is worth the added cost.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to build a cheap but powerful gaming PC for $500
- Windows 10 hits the top of Steam's usage charts
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- With the Lenovo Razer Edition PC, two companies launch a gaming hardware partnership
- Sony says PS4 remote game streaming to PCs, Macs coming
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- TPSoftware Asset ManagementNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW