Google Chome OS, which Google is expected to preview this Thursday, has been the subject of much speculation and rumors since its announcement last summer, when Google made public its plans to develop a lightweight, open-source Linux-based OS aimed p...
It may be the biggest snafu Microsoft's seen since Vista.
Windows 7 may be brand spanking new, but that doesn't mean you can't find free or cheap tools to tweak its settings, add features, or smooth an upgrade from XP or Vista. We've compiled a list of ten valuable software tools -- many of them free -- th...
Now that Windows 7 is here, you have some decisions to make. Microsoft has a virtual smorgasbord of options to choose from and it can get a little tricky trying to figure out which flavor of Windows 7 you should choose.
Just as with Windows Vista, one of the big questions you face when going to pick up a new computer is whether to install the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
It's been almost a week since Windows 7's official launch, and a ton of information and opinion is out there surrounding Microsoft's latest operating system. On the one hand, you have positive reports of Windows 7 helping extend battery life, install...
Amazon's extending its electronic bookstore onto your desktop. The company announced plans for a Kindle for PC desktop application at Microsoft's Windows 7 launch event Thursday.
If all had gone according to plan, Lenovo Group Ltd. today would be trading elbows with Dell Inc. for the second spot in the PC market, while preparing for a showdown with market leader, Hewlett-Packard Co.
I have a confession: I'm a switcher. My long journey with Windows, which began even before Windows with MS-DOS, ended with Windows Vista. While so many others navigated the Vista debacle by sticking with Windows XP, I gave Vista a try -- and gave up....
For many, the official release of a new Microsoft operating system--such as Windows 7--is just the starting of a clock. They will not buy the new OS until Service Pack 1 is released.
Having trouble deciding whether to upgrade to Microsoft's newest? If so, you may be better off waiting. Upgrading to Windows 7 is not a no-brainer for most users.
Are you just waking up and nursing a hangover after hosting one of those wild Windows 7 launch parties? No? Well, you at least attended one, right? Invited to one but had a scheduling conflict??
Now that Windows 7 is here, the three out of four users who have rejected Windows Vista and clung to the tried and true Windows XP can breathe a sigh of relief and consider moving to the new flagship operating system.
If you thought that Microsoft learned all its lessons with Vista - you'll be disappointed. Despite the fact Windows 7 beta is getting mostly positive reviews, revelations that Microsoft plans on releasing six different flavors of Windows 7 left many ...
Windows 7 is finally here, leaping off retail shelves in little blue- and green- and black-lined plastic containers. This time the launch had no Hamish and Andy, or Rove to spruik the software, and no Rolling Stones or Rogue Traders to start up the p...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- As Intel shifts its focus to the Cloud, it commands its PC products to fight - or die
- Intel to ship thumb-sized Compute Sticks with Skylake chips in late April
- PC sales plunge further, as Windows 10 and Skylake CPUs fail to inspire upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW