Could an app store work for desktop computers? It may sound crazy, but think about it. The model has proved wildly successful for the iPhone, but that doesn't necessarily translate into the desktop realm. There are compelling arguments both for and a...
Desktop PCs - Features
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
The Federal Trade Commission's antitrust lawsuit against Intel marks the latest development in one of several antitrust cases that have dogged the world's largest chip maker for years. Here's a rundown of Intel's brushes with antitrust investigators ...
Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
Since its highly ballyhooed rollout near the end of October, Windows 7 has been applauded by many as Microsoft's best operating system yet. But no OS is perfect, and that goes for Windows 7.
Experienced PC users know that not every operating-system upgrade goes smoothly -- but that bit of understanding does little to offset the annoyance we feel when we're faced with seemingly unresolvable installation problems. Windows 7 has presented s...
The reports of the Windows "black screen of death" seem to be greatly exaggerated and hardly worth mentioning.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
When Google first announced its Chrome OS project, many commentators assumed that the Internet giant was challenging the dominance of Microsoft Windows. The truth is, Chrome is not a threat to Windows, OS X, or any distribution of Linux--nor is it me...
Grab a Macbook Pro bargain at the Apple store, plus other great deals on a Panasonic LUMIX camera, a Sony camcorder and more!
Contribute to projects including the LHC, climate forecasting, projects that benefit humanity, target disease cures and more.
When Google unveiled its open source Chrome OS on Thursday, many commentators were quick to dismiss the new operating system as unimpressive and underwhelming. Citing everything from the browser interface that represents the entirety of the user expe...
Misconceptions and misinformation have surrounded the Chrome OS almost since the day it was announced. This week's press conference at Google's Mountain View, Calif., campus helped to clear the air, but uncertainty about what the search giant's new O...
Microsoft Windows 8 may be coming as early as 2012, based on a recent rash of comments and hints dropped by Microsoft personnel in official capacity and informal context.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Raspberry Pi Roundup: Watching for the meter-reader, driving Lego cars and sweet art
- Meet the sleek Surface Studio all-in-one, Microsoft's first-ever desktop PC
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- TPProgram Control ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC