A YouTube video succinctly titled "HP Computers Are Racist" received wide exposure earlier this week; Apparently, HP's Media Smart webcam's Face Tracking software has trouble tracking people with darker complexions.
Desktop PCs - Features
HP did a good job responding to complaints by a black man that its computers "are racist" because the included PC facial recognition software did not follow his face properly.
Way, way, way too much is being made of the supposed impact Intel's new Atom N450 chip will have on the netbook and, by extension, laptop markets.
Could an app store work for desktop computers? It may sound crazy, but think about it. The model has proved wildly successful for the iPhone, but that doesn't necessarily translate into the desktop realm. There are compelling arguments both for and a...
Here's a rhetorical question: How are netbooks any less attractive to consumers when Intel improves the Atom chips inside them?
Microsoft Windows 7 may represent the last ever, large in-mass upgrade of the Windows client environment and define the line where the desktop PC was no longer the center of the end-user universe, according to IDC.
The Federal Trade Commission's antitrust lawsuit against Intel marks the latest development in one of several antitrust cases that have dogged the world's largest chip maker for years. Here's a rundown of Intel's brushes with antitrust investigators ...
Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
Since its highly ballyhooed rollout near the end of October, Windows 7 has been applauded by many as Microsoft's best operating system yet. But no OS is perfect, and that goes for Windows 7.
Experienced PC users know that not every operating-system upgrade goes smoothly -- but that bit of understanding does little to offset the annoyance we feel when we're faced with seemingly unresolvable installation problems. Windows 7 has presented s...
The reports of the Windows "black screen of death" seem to be greatly exaggerated and hardly worth mentioning.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
When Google first announced its Chrome OS project, many commentators assumed that the Internet giant was challenging the dominance of Microsoft Windows. The truth is, Chrome is not a threat to Windows, OS X, or any distribution of Linux--nor is it me...
Grab a Macbook Pro bargain at the Apple store, plus other great deals on a Panasonic LUMIX camera, a Sony camcorder and more!
Contribute to projects including the LHC, climate forecasting, projects that benefit humanity, target disease cures and more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW