Despite Google's move into the operating system (OS) space, the idea of a primarily cloud-centric OS is nothing revolutionary; the earliest examples date back to 1999. And although numerous other attempts at developing Web-centric OSes none up to th...
Since its highly ballyhooed rollout near the end of October, Windows 7 has been applauded by many as Microsoft's best operating system yet. But no OS is perfect, and that goes for Windows 7.
Experienced PC users know that not every operating-system upgrade goes smoothly -- but that bit of understanding does little to offset the annoyance we feel when we're faced with seemingly unresolvable installation problems. Windows 7 has presented s...
The reports of the Windows "black screen of death" seem to be greatly exaggerated and hardly worth mentioning.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
When Google first announced its Chrome OS project, many commentators assumed that the Internet giant was challenging the dominance of Microsoft Windows. The truth is, Chrome is not a threat to Windows, OS X, or any distribution of Linux--nor is it me...
Grab a Macbook Pro bargain at the Apple store, plus other great deals on a Panasonic LUMIX camera, a Sony camcorder and more!
Contribute to projects including the LHC, climate forecasting, projects that benefit humanity, target disease cures and more.
When Google unveiled its open source Chrome OS on Thursday, many commentators were quick to dismiss the new operating system as unimpressive and underwhelming. Citing everything from the browser interface that represents the entirety of the user expe...
Misconceptions and misinformation have surrounded the Chrome OS almost since the day it was announced. This week's press conference at Google's Mountain View, Calif., campus helped to clear the air, but uncertainty about what the search giant's new O...
Microsoft Windows 8 may be coming as early as 2012, based on a recent rash of comments and hints dropped by Microsoft personnel in official capacity and informal context.
Google's Chrome OS is designed purely to run Web-based applications, rather than software installed on a system's hard drive. At Thursday's Chrome OS event, Google claimed the new operating system's boot-up speed is a lightning-fast 7 seconds. The Ch...
Pick up an excellent Android smartphone, fast mobile broadband or a ridiculously cheap Sony LCD TV.
Google's Chrome OS event made me realize: There is a lot in Google's OS that can benefit Microsoft--like giving it a completely new platform and one it needs. If Google is really true to its open source promises, Microsoft should join the fun.
Tomorrow's hot ticket is for the Chrome OS event at Google HQ down in Mountain View. Chrome OS has already caught many imaginations, as something exciting often does, especially before the real world interrupts the fantasy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Pausing on the PC death march
- Nvidia's monstrous new GeForce GTX 1080 and 1070 kick more ass than a Titan X
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW