If you're anything like us, you'll often reminisce about the console or computer games you played as a child. For us, it's the Commodore 64, on which we wasted countless hours and broke countless controllers. It turned out to withstand much keyboard ...
Windows is on the verge of dropping below 90% market share, with smartphones and tablets posing an increasingly serious threat to Microsoft's dominance of the operating system market.
There's no doubt Canonical's popular Ubuntu Linux distribution gets the majority of attention in the Linux world these days, but there are myriad others equally worthy of consideration.
Cringely here, reporting from CES in Vegas, where rude beasts walk the earth (at least, the ones that don't crawl or slither), impeded in their forward progress only by hip-deep mounds of tablet PCs. Everyone appears to be tapping, swiping, and gestu...
Is the desktop PC dead? Far from it.
Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
Lenovo's IdeaCentre All-in-One desktops have been revamped for 2011, offering up a host of new features, and functionality. There's something for everyone here, with 3D displays, multitouch, TV tuners and new processors from AMD and Intel.
With the release of the Radeon HD 6850 and Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards, AMD delivers fantastic value for the average PC gamer.
Were it not for Windows' long-standing installed base and overwhelming market dominance, it seems unlikely that anyone would argue seriously for the merit of the operating system, plagued as it is by high prices, security problems and vendor lock-in.
A German retailer has prematurely posted (and very quickly taken down) details and product shots of the upcoming Microsoft Arc Touch mouse. The Microsoft peripheral is innovative more in its form than its function, but along with the Apple Magic Trac...
After four platform previews aimed at demonstrating the power of the underlying Internet Explorer 9 engine to developers, Microsoft is ready to unveil a public beta of the on September 15. Many organizations are still struggling with the decision to ...
A network of hundreds of thousands of home computer users recently discovered a rare celestial object by donating their computers' downtime to a worthy cause.
Not surprisingly, the misperception that Linux is harder to use than other operating systems is also one that competing vendors routinely use to scare potential new users away from Linux.
Windows 8 is still a couple of years away, but Microsoft is already telling partners what to expect in the next generation operating system. Luckily for the public, Microsoft planning documents shared with HP and other OEM partners were leaked this w...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Alienware's tiny Alpha gaming PC gets bigger muscles... in the US
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW