The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
Desktop PCs - Features
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a ...
Here, on one handy page, are all the reviews we've done so far on Windows 8 computers that have touchscreens. It includes tablets as well laptops, hybrids and even desktop PCs.
The end of the year is usually as good a time as any to build a new budget PC. Many stores put on specials before they shut for the holiday period, and some also provide free delivery depending on how much you spend.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Technology never stops moving forward. Hardware gets faster, and operating systems gain new features and (we hope) finesse. This is natural computing law.
This is a common question that many people have been asking us, wondering if they should wait for Windows 8 to be released, or to buy a computer with Windows 7 on it now. The answer is relatively simple in our opinion: if you want to buy a desktop or...
Have you noticed that it's just not so cool to be in the PC business these days? Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell, said this week that the 'new Dell' really isn't in the PC business anymore.
We now know that Windows 8 will launch in October, in both its X86 and ARM Windows RT flavours. And we expect Windows Phone 8 and the Microsoft Surface tablet to launch at around the same time.
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
As everybody knows, the most striking thing about Windows 8 is its Metro interface - those brightly colored tiles that serve as both shortcuts to programs and live widgets reporting data from those programs.
If you're not already running the developer preview but want to get your hands on OS X Mountain Lion as soon as you can, now is probably a good time to check whether you have a compatible Mac.
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
Back when Windows Vista was but a twinkle in Bill Gates's eye, Microsoft had some extremely ambitious plans to rid computer users of an outmoded concept called "files." But alas, WinFS (as the company's project was called) turned out to be too ambiti...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
- Consumer PCs: Ailing, but not dead yet
- Meet Pixel, a gorgeous, much-needed visual overhaul for Raspberry Pi's main distro
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW