We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
Desktop PCs - Features
On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.
Old computer products, like old soldiers, never die. They stay on the market--even though they haven't been updated in eons. Or their names get slapped on new products that are available only outside the U.S. Or obsessive fans refuse to accept that t...
If Microsoft had invented the iPod, it would have been called the Microsoft I-pod Pro 2005 Human Ear Professional Edition. The <cult-hit video that makes that assertion may have been a joke, but it rings true. And when word emerged that the video was...
I've been writing Linux guidebooks for some time, and it's fair to say that most people who buy my books are Windows users looking to make the leap to Linux (or perhaps just wondering what the fuss is about).
Windows 7 may be hitting store shelves sooner than you think. Microsoft's latest operating system will be ready to roll this October, some information published by a British tech site suggests.
We scoured the Internet to come up with 95 innovative, entirely free downloads and services. Don't miss our Best Bets.
These 10 slick services can help you sync PCs, share large files on the Web, enhance your blog, kill snail mail, and more.
You have a good system, but you can always improve a PC's performance.
Make Internet Explorer and Firefox more useful with List.it, IE7Pro, VideoDownload Helper, Zigtag, and other add-ons and services.
These five free programs and services will help you track your projects and phone calls, create multimedia presentations that you can share with others, make PDFs without software, and keep an easy and accurate to-do list.
You're not really supposed to love an operating system. It's like your car's hydraulic system, your digestive system or the global financial system. It's supposed to do its job -- and not get in your way while you're doing yours.
So far there have been six alpha releases of the forthcoming Ubuntu 9.04, due for final release next month, and late yesterday the one and only beta release was made available for download. From this point forward there's a release candidate in mid-A...
Keyboards without keys, a vertical keyboard with mirrors on the side so you can see your fingers, and keyboards on which you type on the back: Get ready for some wacky input devices.
Got an aging Windows laptop or desktop computer, but money's too tight to buy a new one? Fret not. There's plenty of life in your old PC. It may seem sluggish and on the point of expiring, and its hard disk may be nearly full to bursting, but there's...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Packaging CoordinatorVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC