In building Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X (version 10.6), Apple focused more on under-the-hood improvements to boost speed and stability than on adding new features. That contrasts with its predecessor, Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), which a...
There are a variety of enhancements and refinements introduced in Snow Leopard, the next version of the Mac OS, which Apple announced will be available this Friday (August 28).
Microsoft's recent "Laptop Hunters" ad campaign is centered on the idea that Macs are more expensive than PCs and that the cost of core business and productivity tools for the Mac add to that expense.
We talk to the developers behind MenuetOS: an operating system written entirely in assembly language
The average PC user expects that their computer's operating system will consume a fair chunk of hard drive space. Windows Vista Premium can take 15GB of hard drive space to install and tax even modern desktop PCs and notebooks. Indeed, thanks in part...
Now that Microsoft's Windows 7 has reached the release to manufacturing (RTM) stage, it's time to take a close look at all the features of the upcoming operating system.
Linux has long been the preferred operating system for rejuvenating older PCs for three reasons: It's lighter weight than Windows, it's secure enough to let you sidestep CPU-hogging anti-virus programs, and it's free.
Microsoft released the ready-to-ship version of its Windows 7 operating system to software developers and IT professionals on Thursday, raising the question as to when consumers will be able to get their hands on a copy--be it via download, shrink wr...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
"The Active Desk," was a touch-screen device developed in 1992 at the University of Toronto.
Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
It is hard--make that impossible--to recommend that Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Outrage spread like wildfire across the Internet this week with criticism of Microsoft's alleged new upgrade process for Windows 7. People were concerned if they wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 they would be required to activate the current version of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- Intel gets down with Chrome OS in new Acer all-in-one
- Apple reseller Next Byte shuts down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT