One of the biggest points of confusion around Apple's newest version of Mac OS X is about whether it's really a 64-bit or a 32-bit operating system. Apple bills Snow Leopard as supporting 64-bit from top to bottom, while some industry watchers say it...
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to va...
In building Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X (version 10.6), Apple focused more on under-the-hood improvements to boost speed and stability than on adding new features. That contrasts with its predecessor, Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), which a...
There are a variety of enhancements and refinements introduced in Snow Leopard, the next version of the Mac OS, which Apple announced will be available this Friday (August 28).
Microsoft's recent "Laptop Hunters" ad campaign is centered on the idea that Macs are more expensive than PCs and that the cost of core business and productivity tools for the Mac add to that expense.
We talk to the developers behind MenuetOS: an operating system written entirely in assembly language
The average PC user expects that their computer's operating system will consume a fair chunk of hard drive space. Windows Vista Premium can take 15GB of hard drive space to install and tax even modern desktop PCs and notebooks. Indeed, thanks in part...
Now that Microsoft's Windows 7 has reached the release to manufacturing (RTM) stage, it's time to take a close look at all the features of the upcoming operating system.
Linux has long been the preferred operating system for rejuvenating older PCs for three reasons: It's lighter weight than Windows, it's secure enough to let you sidestep CPU-hogging anti-virus programs, and it's free.
Microsoft released the ready-to-ship version of its Windows 7 operating system to software developers and IT professionals on Thursday, raising the question as to when consumers will be able to get their hands on a copy--be it via download, shrink wr...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
"The Active Desk," was a touch-screen device developed in 1992 at the University of Toronto.
Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
It is hard--make that impossible--to recommend that Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dell retires Alienware's X51, the desktop that kicked off the tiny gaming PC revolution
- Reports: Surface all-in-one PC coming as soon as later this year
- Alienware's sleek backpack PC is a dorky, but practical solution to a big VR problem
- Valve's Steam Machines aren't gaining steam, but they inspired wonderful creations
- Pausing on the PC death march
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA