Microsoft released the ready-to-ship version of its Windows 7 operating system to software developers and IT professionals on Thursday, raising the question as to when consumers will be able to get their hands on a copy--be it via download, shrink wr...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
"The Active Desk," was a touch-screen device developed in 1992 at the University of Toronto.
Forty years ago this summer, a programmer sat down and knocked out in one month what would become one of the most important pieces of software ever created.
There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
It is hard--make that impossible--to recommend that Windows XP users upgrade to Windows 7.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
Outrage spread like wildfire across the Internet this week with criticism of Microsoft's alleged new upgrade process for Windows 7. People were concerned if they wanted to upgrade to Windows 7 they would be required to activate the current version of...
Microsoft will never win a war of words with Apple. And it should give up trying. The result is never good: Better to ignore the annoying fly than to look stupid trying to swat it and repeatedly missing.
Google says it is working on an operating system designed for netbooks that boots in seconds, is impervious to viruses, and is designed to run Web-based applications really well. What's not to like? Plenty--if you're the number one software maker, Mi...
Windows 7 pre-orders may be burning up the charts, but many users are apparently still reluctant to switch over to Microsoft's newest operating system. This is particularly true for businesses that are a little upgrade-wary after investing in Vista,...
If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.
The announcement a few days ago of Google's new Chrome OS was simultaneously shocking and expected. It's a typically understated and quietly ambitious move on behalf of Google. It's also proof -- if it were needed -- that Google people are supremely ...
News of Google's Chrome operating system is sending waves though the tech world with some saying the OS signals the beginning of the end for Microsoft and others who say Google will fall flat on its face and fail.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo vows to stop shipping PCs with third-party bloatware after Superfish fiasco
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
- New Vivaldi browser aims to win over power users
- New Medion products on sale this Australia Day weekend
- Microsoft leaps into 3D computing with Windows Holographic and HoloLens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW