Apple has squeezed a 5K display into the same confines of its current iMac and has managed to do so without blowing out the price.
Google’s Chrome OS makes an appearance in LG’s Chromebase, which is an all-in-one desktop computer that’s designed to run the simple, mostly cloud-enhanced operating system. It’s a good looking unit with a screen size of 22 inches, and since it runs Chrome OS, you don’t really need to know what’s under the hood.
Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
Dell for the first time is using an Intel processor in its Wyse thin clients, which are used as alternatives to enterprise PCs.
The EliteDesk 800 G1 desktop PC is one of the smallest business computers on the market, yet it contains a configuration that can produce a high level of performance that’s more than capable of running everyday office tasks. This isn’t surprising considering it uses a mixture of notebook and desktop parts.
It looks a bit clunky, and some in our office went as far as calling it ugly. But if you're considering a system like the HP ProOne 400, you probably aren't as concerned with looks as you are functionality. It's an all-in-one desktop PC with a 21.5in, Full HD screen, and it even has touch input courtesy of the frame that's tacked onto the front.
HP's Z230 workstation is aimed at those of you who need a high-end PC on which to run advanced applications and workloads. In other words, it's a PC that you use to make money. It features an Intel Xeon CPU rather than a consumer-based Intel Core CPU, and graphics are handled by an NVIDIA Quadro adapter, rather than a GeForce.
Intel's Next Unit of Computing, or NUC, is a tiny computer that showcases Intel's ability to make small, interesting and useful computers. It's a unit that is only 117mm wide, 112mm deep and 40mm tall, and it can be used in a wide variety of applications. There are two flavours of the NUC, one which is geared more towards consumers (the DC3217BY), and one which is better suited for business applications (the DC3217IYE). We looked at the DC3217BY, which comes in a rather nice burgundy colour.
Fujitsu only entered the Australian desktop PC market last November, aiming to offer more diversity through different form factors and styles. One of the most interesting desktops that the company has brought to market is the Esprimo Q900, which is a small footprint, low-power desktop that's aimed at business users.
The HP Z1 workstation is one of those products that people immediately want when they first see it. It's a 27in all-in-one PC that has two important features: a high-end, workstation-class configuration, and a design that makes it very easy to service the internal components should they ever need replacing or upgrading.
The new HP Z1 Workstation is the most attractive, most powerful, and most expensive all-in-one PC I've ever seen. And that isn't an exaggeration: This all-in-one workstation, the first of its kind, has a gorgeous 27-inch edge-to-edge glass screen, packs desktop-class components, and will set you back a cool US$5673 (as configured, and as of April 10, 2012).
HP has released what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one workstation PC, the Z1 Workstation. It has a 27in IPS panel with 10-bit colour support and a native resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, making it perfect for graphics professions. Behind the screen is where all the compute power sits, and it can be customised depending on your needs.
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e is a mini tower PC with a classy design that's not at all boring for an office. Indeed, it has a little more flair than a typical business-class machine (although some may argue this) and, most importantly, it possesses good speed and adequate connectivity.
Lenovo on Tuesday became the second major PC maker to announce workstations based on Intel's upcoming quad-core Nehalem chips, which are due for release next week.
This PC World Buying Guide aims to take the complexity out of buying a PC by providing the information that will help make your final decision.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client
- Lenovo offers workstations with Intel's Nehalem chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC