The One Laptop Per Child Project (OLPC) and Microsoft are working together to develop a dual-boot system to put both Linux and Windows on laptops aimed at kids in developing countries, the head of OLPC said in an interview Tuesday.
Consumer Electronics Show
The One Laptop Per Child Project would welcome Intel back if the chip maker returned to the group, the head of OLPC said Tuesday.
The One Laptop Per Child Project (OLPC) plans to launch OLPC America in 2008 to distribute the low-cost laptop computers originally aimed at developing nations to needy students in the United States.
Troubled voice-over-IP service provider Vonage is rolling out new products and services at the Consumer Electronics Show in a bid to reverse its downward spiral.
At the Consumer Electronics Show this year it's clear that consumers are making choices that are driving industry changes, and nowhere is that more evident than in the digital-music business.
Hundreds of products at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) here are devoted to new ways to input data to a PC or gaming console, including a variety of inputs via voice commands or gestures that are registered via video detection.
Hitachi Wednesday unveiled an upgraded version of its Audio-Visual Storage Manager software at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The company said that the new version includes features for reducing power generation on 2....
A laptop under US$100 could reach desks if a new venture formed by former chief technology officer of One Laptop Per Child, Mary Lou Jepsen, can deliver on its promises.
Over the course of the past couple of years, as the Blu-ray Disc vs. HD DVD smack down continued, I've often seen postulating in the press and among the public that neither disc format is going to matter in the future.
One reason that mobile users don't access more content from a mobile phone, like video clips, is because finding content is cumbersome -- but that should change in the future with intelligent network services, said one expert speaking on a panel at t...
Two of the world's largest consumer electronics companies are displaying flat-screen TVs at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that are as thin as a framed picture on the wall, with one already on sale.
Preaching mobility to an audience teeming with cell-phone and laptop users, Intel CEO Paul Otellini looked into the crystal ball and predicted that Internet search will approach users instead of users approaching search.
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Qualcomm offered a sneak peek of its concept for an ultramobile PC for the largely untapped market where it will meet Intel head on.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Sony is developing a wireless data transfer system for gadgets that is capable of sending pictures, video and data over a range of a few centimeters.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Intel moves to put chips in shoes, sunnies and snowboards
- CES 2010: Picks and Pans
- Asustek unveils netbook that unfolds to big-screen tablet
- LG TVs make new connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA