Besides the new ultracompact camcorders and 70X optical-zoom standard-definition models that were also announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas Wednesday, Panasonic unveiled six new high-definition camcorders as part of its 2009 lineup...
Consumer Electronics Show
Bicycles at a consumer electronics show? You bet. But Schwinn's Tailwind is no ordinary cycle: It's a hybrid bicycle, which can be ridden the old-fashioned way, powered by its pedals, or in motor-assist mode. So if you live in a hill-ridden city like...
Palm is hoping to get back on track with its new Pre touch phone, which comes equipped with the equally new operating system webOS, both announced on Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show.
We're all used to hitting the power button to switch on our television but could a wave do it in the future? Both Hitachi and Toshiba are demonstrating motion sensing televisions at this week's Consumer Electronics Show and say they could be on the m...
The first prototypes from Toshiba based on TransferJet, a short-range, high-speed wireless data transmission system intended as a replacement for cables, are on show at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to start selling its U115 hybrid netbook in the U.S. for less than US$700 starting in February, company representatives said Sunday.
Taiwanese PC vendor Shuttle plans to debut a shoebox sized PC, the K5600+ with Via Technology's Nano microprocessor in March, a company representative said Sunday.
There's something futuristic about wireless power that has grabbed people's attention at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, and 2009 could be a big year for the technology judging from what's on show here.
Sony has brought to CES a flexible color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) screen that could be seen in future, highly portable electronics devices.
LCD TVs aren't the only TVs that can be thin. On Wednesday, Panasonic demonstrated a plasma TV set that is one-third of an inch thin -- or 8.8 millimeters -- at the thinnest part of its profile.
In an attempt to gain an advantage in the gaming PC market, Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday launched what it called its "highest-performing CPUs" to date.
Released last year, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T700 was the first digital camera to offer an on-board 4GB flash drive. With the announcement of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-G3 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the company has augmented the T700'...
A new twist on the bedside alarm clock from Sony could wake you up with local news, weather, photos from friends and even unreleased videos from your favorite artist.
In addition to two new compact point-and-shoots that pack awesome high-speed burst modes, Casio announced three new Exilim cameras at CES in Las Vegas (the International Consumer Electronics Show) that the company says take in-camera editing and proc...
Everybody who's seen the super-slow-motion feature in action in Casio's EX-F1 and EX-FH20 cameras loves the effect, but both of those models are a bit bulky to carry around every day.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- Intel moves to put chips in shoes, sunnies and snowboards
- CES 2010: Picks and Pans
- Asustek unveils netbook that unfolds to big-screen tablet
- LG TVs make new connections
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW