Good Gear Guide was on the show floor at this year's Computex in Taiwan. We've put together this extensive slide show of interesting, quirky and downright-awesome gear.
Computex Taipei 2008 - News
Gigabyte recently announced at Computex that its proprietary Dual BIOS technology will be extended to every GIGABYTE motherboard with immediate effect. Dual BIOS provides a backup BIOS that automatically repairs or replaces the primary BIOS when nece...
Grandmax, a brand from YC Cable, is showing off some nifty speakers for digital music lovers at Computex
High Tech Computer on Wednesday announced the Touch Pro, a business handset a similar design to the iPhone rival, HTC Touch Diamond revealed last month to great fanfare.
The expected launch of an Nvidia chipset for Via Technologies' processor line didn't materialize at the Computex exhibition in Taipei.
Fresh from the launch of a mini-laptop the company hopes will catapult it into a new segment of portable Internet devices, an executive at Acer said the company is also looking to build even smaller devices to fit the category.
Taiwan's E-Ten Information Systems, is showing off three new handsets that run Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 at Computex, with all three set to launch after Acer's proposed acquisition of the company.
Intel has no plans to revise the roadmap for its Atom processor family, despite a surge of interest in systems based on the processor and the release of a competing chip from rival Via Technologies.
Car audio and navigation maker Clarion has unveiled a new prototype of its handheld mobile Internet navigator device that's due to be launched later this year.
Intel showed off a PC running an overclocked version of its upcoming quad-core Nehalem processor at the Computex exhibition in Taipei, but the system seemed to get its biggest performance boost from solid-state drives (SSDs).
Intel detailed plans for an updated version of its Classmate PC on Tuesday, swapping out the laptop's older Celeron M chip for the Diamondville version of the Atom processor.
Advanced Micro Devices and Fujitsu Siemens Computers are developing an external graphics module that will boost the graphics performance of laptops based on its Puma chip platform.
Intel showed off a small, energy-efficient PC that is capable of paying Blu-ray discs, highlighting the high-definition video playback capabilities of its new 4 series chipset.
Much speculation has surrounded Advanced Micro Devices' manufacturing plans for its upcoming Fusion family of processors and whether these chips could be produced under contract. But a senior executive said on Tuesday that AMD plans to manufacture th...
Taiwanese hardware makers expressed concern over a shortage of Intel's Atom processor, but Intel said production volumes will increase.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gigabyte extends dual BIOS to entire motherboard range
- Grandmax shows off portable iPod speakers
- HTC follows Touch Diamond with Touch Pro
- No Nvidia chipset for Via yet, but watch this space
- Acer eyes making more mobile Internet gadgets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationQLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- PTMobile App DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- CCWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTManager Portfolio PlanningQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW