Clearwire will start offering its mobile WiMax wireless data service commercially in Las Vegas on July 21, building on its still-sparse coverage area with a fourth major city.
The WiMax Forum has joined forces with the Femto Forum to speed up the development of femtocells for mobile WiMax networks, the organizations said on Wednesday.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
As announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Telstra's Next G network has recently been upgraded to support download speeds of up to 21 megabits per second (Mbps), making it the fastest mobile broadband network in the world. To take advantage of these new speeds, Telstra has released the Turbo 21 Modem — a mobile broadband modem that connects via a USB port.
Australian ISP iiNet has teamed up with Starbucks to offer its customers free Wi-Fi access at a selection of the coffee chain's stores.
Telstra has launched what it claims is the world’s fastest mobile broadband service, with peak download speeds of 21Mbps and with the intention of increasing it to 42Mbps later this year.
Nortel Networks is dropping out of the mobile WiMax business entirely and will end an agreement with Israeli-company Alvarion to resell Alvarion mobile Wimax gear.
Financial charges taken by both Intel and Time Warner Cable on Wednesday put the spotlight on the tough prospects for Clearwire, the company that aims to build a nation-wide US mobile broadband network using WiMax technology.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
The market for WiMax is predicted to decline in 2009, as mobile WiMax is hit both by the economic squeeze and competition from the LTE standard for 4G networks, according to an analyst report.
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has approved a standard for high-speed networking over multiple types of in-home wiring.
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
A startup called Linxter is set to launch a hosted messaging platform that will enable any Internet-addressable device, application or system to communicate with another.
Startup Quantenna Communications on Tuesday unveiled chips that it hopes Wi-Fi equipment vendors will use to improve the performance of wireless home networking products over the next year.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Clearwire to launch WiMax in Las Vegas on July 21
- Groups combine efforts to push WiMax femtocells
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
- iiNet customers to get free Wi-Fi at Starbucks
- Telstra boosts mobile broadband to 21Mbps, 42Mbps to come
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD