Adobe delivers an out-of-date version of Reader to users who download the popular application from its Web site, a security company warned today.
Security & Safety
After two years at the job, the CEO of Dutch antivirus seller AVG Technologies is stepping down.
The first worm that spreads between mobile devices by spamming text messages has developed a new communications capability that one security vendor says signals the arrival of mobile botnets.
About one in six consumers have at some time acted on a spam message, affirming the economic incentive for spammers to keep churning out millions of obnoxious pitches per day, according to a new survey.
European laws governing the digitization of content such as books, movies and music need a major re-working in order to keep Europe relevant in the digital age, said the European Commissioner for the information society and telecoms Viviane Reding on Thursday.
As expected, Adobe patched a zero-day vulnerability in its popular Adobe Reader software Tuesday, marking the second time in three months that it delivered an update on the same day Microsoft issued its monthly fixes.
Security experts say that the Conficker worm has infected an awful lot of computers, making it the largest "botnet" of hacked computers on the planet. The thing they can't seem to agree on, however, is exactly how many people have been hit.
Two Texas men have settled U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges that they created a huge e-mail spam campaign to drive up demand for low-value stocks they owned, with one of the men agreeing to pay US$3.8 million to settle the charges.
Security firms are sounding the alarm about spam messages purporting to report a bomb explosion in order to get victims to click on a fake Reuters news video and download malicious code to their computers.
One of the patches Microsoft Corp. issued last week is nothing of the sort, according to a researcher who Monday accused Microsoft of making functionality a higher priority than security.
Security company Sophos has lashed out at the BBC for commandeering some 22,000 computers earlier this month, claiming the move was a reckless breach of privacy that could inspire a wave of vigilante copycats.
Well, at least the issue is not unpaid taxes this time -- but Vivek Kundra, the brand-new, first-ever federal CIO after just a few days on the job is already on a leave of absence after the office of the Washington, D.C., CTO was raided by federal agents. Kundra had been the District's CTO before President Barack Obama appointed him the nation's CIO. In other news, Google peeved privacy advocates by announcing a behavioral advertising program and separately saying it is testing a new service that will transcribe voice-mail messages and make them searchable.
Search engine Google has revealed that the files of some Google Docs users have been shared with unauthorised users.
A group dedicated to fighting phishing scams has developed a way for police and other organizations to report e-crimes in a common data format readable by a Web browser or other application.
National UK daily newspaper The Telegraph was compromised by Romanian hacking group, Hackersblog late last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Adobe doles out bug-filled PDF Reader to users
- CEO of antivirus vendor AVG to step down
- Analysts see alarming development in mobile malware
- Survey finds one in six consumers act on spam
- EC's Reding calls for shake-up of online copyright laws
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC