The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) announced yesterday that it will not intervene in Google's proposed acquisition of DoubleClick.
Broadband Advisor - News
U.K. mobile phone operator Hutchison 3G UK rolled out the Skypephone this week, a handset designed to simplify use of the Skype VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Country Energy's Broadband over Power Line (BPL) trial is being extended by a month, due to a lack of experienced field technicians and staff.
IPv4 address space is likely to be fully depleted within two to four years, warned a Regional Internet Registry (RIR) organisation last week.
Systems management software maker FiveRuns announced Monday that it had garnered US$6.2 million in funding from Austin Ventures.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has released an IPV6 fact sheet to provide an explanation of the protocol upgrade for a non-technical audience in the hope of enlarging public understanding surrounding this and related ...
Microsoft updated a security advisory that addressed a broad flaw in Windows and said it is working around the clock to fix the bug. But it may be too late for many. Security researchers said hackers had amped up attacks using malicious PDF files tha...
Reports that security researchers are running scared from hackers responsible for the Storm Trojan are overblown, say some of the people who have dug into the complex malware.
A company called Dashwire this week unveiled free new software that essentially mirrors your mobile phone on the Web, backing up all your data -- contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos and phone settings -- and letting you access everything o...
Now that WiMax has been certified as a form of 3G (third-generation) mobile data infrastructure, Sprint Nextel is changing its tune about the WiMax network it plans to launch commercially in April.
Amid signs of growing frustration in the retail community over the credit card industry's payment card industry (PCI) data security requirements, Visa on Tuesday quietly rolled out an additional set of Payment Application Security Mandates for all co...
A week after Symantec security researchers traced the elaborate course of a malware exploit -- apparently devised in the Netherlands -- to what may be a compromised ad server belonging to Internet advertising company 24/7 Real Media, the attack metho...
Mozilla will walk away from Google and the millions it collects from the search company each year, if that's what it takes to stay independent, the open-source developer's CEO promised yesterday.
The WiMAX market has had another boost this week with network equipment provider D-Link announcing it will base a range of products on Beceem's mobile WiMAX chipset.
The next-generation LAN will be mobile, secure, intelligent and service- vs. speed-oriented, experts at the Interop New York conference said this week.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!QLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW