Leopard's firewall is confusing, inconsistent, switched off by default and incompatible with some applications, a security researcher said after analyzing the new security tool.
Until recently, the business news media fawned over the Second Life online virtual world. Stories fixated on Second Life "residents" who got rich brokering virtual real estate, or on the numerous corporations and consumer brands rushing to claim thei...
Telstra has launched a Next G phone designed to be tough enough for the Australian outback.
The first-ever "fake codec" Trojan malware for the Apple Macintosh was identified yesterday by Intego, a maker of Internet security software for the Mac.
Mozilla Labs, a research arm of Mozilla, has released software that lets users strip a Web application from its enclosing browser and then work with the app as if it were a traditional desktop program.
ASUS has announced its low cost Eee PC will be available in Australia just in time for the silly season, with a recommended retail price of $499.
The security features introduced in Apple's Leopard operating system need work.
It wouldn't be Halloween without the zombie-creating Storm malware up to some mischief.
Belatedly recognizing the importance of social networking as an online service and advertising vehicle, Google this week will unleash its strongest response yet to the rising threat and skyrocketing popularity of MySpace and Facebook.
Google's stock broke through the US$700 mark on Wednesday, after press reports that the search engine giant is in advanced talks with US wireless carriers over adoption of mobile phone software Google is reportedly developing.
The Storm Worm botnet network may be shrinking in size, but it has managed to send out 15 million of those annoying audio spam messages in October, according to antispam vendor, MessageLabs.
McAfee will acquire ScanAlert, a Web application security vendor, for US$51 million, the companies announced this week.
The Google phone is inching closer to reality, with wireless handhelds running Google applications and operating software expected in the first half of 2008, several industry analysts said this week.
Yahoo, disconcertingly unable to develop a popular social networking site, will try to accentuate the social networking capabilities of Yahoo Messenger when it releases on Tuesday a beta upgrade of this widely used instant messaging service.
Google will come out in mid-2008 with a mobile phone platform that incorporates a variety of Google online services and lets outside developers create applications, The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW