Web 2.0 combined with increased broadband presence has the power to re-fuel e-commerce, according to a recent Paul Budde report.
Broadband Advisor - News
Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers can use to create mobile phone applications for the company's Android mobile platform.
Microsoft has scheduled just two security updates for Tuesday to fix flaws in Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003. One of the two is a leftover from October that was bumped at the last minute.
Sony Ericsson has introduced a "world standard" 3G USB modem, and has extended its relationship with Google by announcing its first mobile phone with Google Maps and RSS newsfeeds as standard.
Google's plans to enter the mobile industry with a cell phone platform might have impressed many in the industry but not Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft and one of Google's biggest competitors.
Google's move into the market for smartphone operating software has hyped the idea of a "Gphone," but the new software may take a while to catch on, the head of mobile microprocessor developer ARM said this week.
A top official from Microsoft's developer division showcased an array of new development technologies this week, including a demo of the game World of Warcraft running within the company's Visual Studio integrated development environment.
Facebook presented its master plan for boosting its advertising revenue now that it has the challenge of living up to its stratospheric US$15 billion valuation.
An Australian researcher claims he has come up with a way to boost broadband speeds on ordinary ADSL lines by up to ten times.
Physicists at the University of California, Berkeley, have built the world's smallest radio out of single carbon nanotube one ten-thousandth the width of a human hair.
Google's introduction of its Android device operating system and Open Handset Alliance on Monday could help create just the breed of mobile Linux platform that many enterprise IT managers have been waiting for, industry experts contend.
ESET Australia has announced it is offering Australian owners of antivirus suites a free cross grade to its new Smart Security product.
Google and several other technology companies plan to unveil a new mobile platform called Android on Monday, according to a statement from the company. The system is expected to yield an actual phone in the second half of 2008.
New Zealand lawyer Peter Dengate Thrush was elected chairman of the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and numbers (ICANN), the body that regulates the technical structure of the internet, last week.
It doesn't include planned Leopard enhancements, but Firefox developers have released an update to their open-source software, fixing bugs that had been causing the browser to crash at startup, render Web pages improperly or disable add-ons for some ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJunior CAD/CAM Software DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA